Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Can't complain. More plans than time. How's your health? Are you fine?
It's great considering. I live in NYC, but I've managed to avoid the COVID. About to move to Jersey CIty in a couple weeks. I'm now a year and a half clear from any signs of disease.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's great considering. I live in NYC, but I've managed to avoid the COVID. About to move to Jersey CIty in a couple weeks. I'm now a year and a half clear from any signs of disease.
Cheaper Real estate, car insurance, and no NYC %4 tax. Welcome to the better state!
Also congrats on staying healthy!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Cheaper Real estate, car insurance, and no NYC %4 tax. Welcome to the better state!
Also congrats on staying healthy!
Yeah the rent was about 1k a month less, that 4% tax is nasty, and the place is bigger too! With us working from home the commute is the same too.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Simple and scrumptious!
Pasta Gorgonzola:
Bring a pot of water with some salt to boil and add pasta (short type - for this I like Cavatappi).
Use a non-stick pan with a higher rim so you can fit all.
Melt butter and then add Gorgonzola and a teaspoon of pesto Genovese. Take a spoonful or two of pasta water and add to the pan before adding pasta.
When pasta is over, use strainer spoon to transport pasta to the pan. Don't mind that it's bringing some water with it.
Use silicone spatulas to toss and turn the pasta until the sauce around it thickens (you'll notice it'll start to stick and stretch while you stir it). And it's done. Both Gorgonzola and pesto are salty so I don't add extra salt.
1611836862540.png

Pasta and cheese lack fiber to make it easier to digest, that's why I add chili flakes (I like them, anyway) which speed up digestion.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got the J&J vaccine last Fri. Not too happy to wake up this morning to find out they paused the distribution of it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got the J&J vaccine last Fri. Not too happy to wake up this morning to find out they paused the distribution of it.
Yea my wife has been saying the doctors she works for are super against the J&J. They’ve been telling their patients for like a month to stay away from it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There have been blood clot cases involving six women out of 6.8 million doses administered in the US. I think you'll be fine.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There have been blood clot cases involving six women out of 6.8 million doses administered in the US. I think you'll be fine.
it’s more than just blood clots. There is a rising number of cases causing hypertension in people who previously had no history and worsening it with people who have a history. I believe the studies on this particular issue are still ongoing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yea my wife has been saying the doctors she works for are super against the J&J. They’ve been telling their patients for like a month to stay away from it.
I'm willing to bet the ~60% immunity rate isn't helping things either. At least that's what the guy that gave us our shots said. We got pfizer.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
it’s more than just blood clots. There is a rising number of cases causing hypertension in people who previously had no history and worsening it with people who have a history. I believe the studies on this particular issue are still ongoing.
Hmm, I tried searching for links between the J&J vaccine and hypertension, but nothing came up.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am not too concerned. My blood pressure is always below 120/80 and no health issues.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hmm, I tried searching for links between the J&J vaccine and hypertension, but nothing came up.
There are no published studies at this point to my knowledge, I just know the doctors in my area are all reporting seeing cases of this with the J&J. Some of which have had no history of hypertension. It’s anecdotal, but it’s still around 100 cases just in my area where the J&J hasn’t even had a huge rollout.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, BMRs will likely go only hold for now. Car has been in the shop for 2 months while Subaru tried to figure out how to deal with the issue. I took it in for the airbag recall. During that replacement, they damaged part of the main harness of the car and it turns out that cannot be properly repaired, nor do they have replacement parts because the car is older. With it being a safety item, they are saying they will not return the car and are only offering to buy it from me and scrap it. They offered low bluebook stating the car is no longer worth anything and I told them that it was before they broke it. Have to go deal with the dealer today...:mad:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, BMRs will likely go only hold for now. Car has been in the shop for 2 months while Subaru tried to figure out how to deal with the issue. I took it in for the airbag recall. During that replacement, they damaged part of the main harness of the car and it turns out that cannot be properly repaired, nor do they have replacement parts because the car is older. With it being a safety item, they are saying they will not return the car and are only offering to buy it from me and scrap it. They offered low bluebook stating the car is no longer worth anything and I told them that it was before they broke it. Have to go deal with the dealer today...:mad:
That's some BS. They just don't want to deal with it. Make them fix it or send it to someone that can and make them pay for it. No way in hell am I going to scrap my car because someone else broke it trying to do a repair.

Our dealership here is so incompetent they couldn't diagnose a tank of bad gas when I told them "it's probably bad gas, can you please drain the tank and try it?" Nope, kept it a month or so and I had to pay for a rental because at the time I traveled out of town for work a lot.

Turns out (wait for it) IT WAS BAD GAS. Guy tells my wife "that would have been nice to know". I probably would have punched him. I can't take that level of incompetence/stupidity and just not caring how much you're screwing with someone's life.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis