Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Somebody left a comment on one of my Amazon reviews and basically called me a liar. Well, said that only the totally naive would believe that my (and other) reviews weren't bogus. And why did the person think they were bogus? Because several people claimed to own *gasp* several earbuds that...wait for it...Amazon just happens to also sell. Hey, I can understand the skepticism. I mean, who owns more than one pair of earbuds except for the uber rich, and what are the odds that a small outfit like Amazon would carry multiple pairs of earbuds? I feel like such a sham...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Somebody left a comment on one of my Amazon reviews and basically called me a liar. Well, said that only the totally naive would believe that my (and other) reviews weren't bogus. And why did the person think they were bogus? Because several people claimed to own *gasp* several earbuds that...wait for it...Amazon just happens to also sell. Hey, I can understand the skepticism. I mean, who owns more than one pair of earbuds except for the uber rich, and what are the odds that a small outfit like Amazon would carry multiple pairs of earbuds? I feel like such a sham...
Note: I just couldn't pass up having a little fun with this.

Maybe it's based on his past experiences with Amazon. Some people have good experiences with Amazon, some don't. Some welcome new Amazon members, some don't. So on, and so forth.

Fact is, none of us know what was said on his phone call with Amazon. Maybe things were promised, maybe they weren't. Maybe the CS rep was rude, maybe she wasn't. We can speculate all day long, but unless they have the conversations on tape and release them, we will never know the truth. :D:p

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Ahhh winter up north. :)
<dt>
Today, 30 December</dt><dd>Sunny. High minus 28.</dd><dt>Tonight, 30 December</dt><dd>A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 38. Extreme wind chill minus 50.</dd><dt>Tuesday, 31 December</dt><dd>Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 31. Extreme wind chill minus 51.
</dd>

majorloser

majorloser

Ahhh winter up north. :)
<DT>
Today, 30 December</DT><DD>Sunny. High minus 28.</DD><DT>Tonight, 30 December</DT><DD>A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 38. Extreme wind chill minus 50.</DD><DT>Tuesday, 31 December</DT><DD>Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 31. Extreme wind chill minus 51.
</DD>

Winter here in Florida. :p

This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. North wind around 10 mph.

Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 74. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. North northeast wind around 10 mph.

New Year's Day A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
She wants me off the computer.

I guess posting here isn't going to get the faucet installed any quicker.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
how can you not have installed that faucet, yet?
I also haven't shot high pressure water all over the under side of the cabinet ... but then again I'm cool like that. :rolleyes:

I'm scared of plumbing. There ... I said it.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I also haven't shot high pressure water all over the under side of the cabinet ... but then again I'm cool like that. :rolleyes:

I'm scared of plumbing. There ... I said it.
There is an upside to this.
In the three to five days this will take, and with the inability to wash dishes.
Think of all the cool take-out places you can try.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a water filter hooked up down there too ... I can't remember how to disconnect that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've got a water filter hooked up down there too ... I can't remember how to disconnect that.
I'm happy to help if I can. If you have a splitter coming off of the cold water line, then you shouldn't need to disconnect it. If you do need to, it might use push-fit connectors. The ones that I've used will release the feed tube when you press down on the circumferential disc that the tube pushes into, and then you pull the tube out.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Oh boy, I have to say changing faucets is my absolute least favorite activity, I actually asked my granite guy if we could somehow rig a hinge so that when I have to service the faucet we can just lift the counter like a hood, he said "NO", it would be cheaper to hire the most expensive plumber in the world everytime the faucet needs servicing... Which made sense at the time...
I would rather change a toilet in a strangers house than change one of the faucets in my master bathroom, the vanity has them tiny double doors with shelves around the plumbing, and deep under mount sinks with everything in the way, its a nightmare, thats why when I buy faucets I buy the absolute strongest best well made unit money can buy, because I don't ever want to change it...

Even if you are not a trademan, if this is the tool they invented to make it easier, you can imagine how much the job sucks to do...

Anyway Alex here is Mandy to teach you how to get er' done... there is a 30 second advertisement before the video but its worth it...
How-To Replace a Kitchen Faucet With Mandi | EyeHandy.com my favorite is "how to change a garage door with Alize"

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No worries, I got it and I have that tool. Adam, would you start speaking English please? I appreciate the help but I should tell you that I wouldn't have gotten into this if there was anything less than certain success at the end of all this. I'm maintaining a failure rate of zero ... knock wood. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
No worries, I got it and I have that tool. Adam, would you start speaking English please? I appreciate the help but I should tell you that I wouldn't have gotten into this if there was anything less than certain success at the end of all this. I'm maintaining a failure rate of zero ... knock wood. :D
Don't get too over confident....... the faucet may have been damaged when she threw it at you on Christmas morning.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis