Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
wow, you're family likes powerful cars indeed
I wish for an X6.... or perhaps an X6 M, but then I have to emigrate first :)

m3 is king, though :eek:

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Yep, well it's kinda just the normal Australian thing either the HOLDEN HSV or the FORDFALOCN FPV,
and yeah they are extreamly nice, Audi is also nice, Stephanie is hoping yto get a new car in 1-2 years time she'd like a Mercedes ML63 witch is a good car, nice family 4wd with a big v8 under the front to make it dance, but I'd much rather her be in the hsv for now, till ppeople get over wanting to race her every set of lights, most of the cars around, get flogged by the hsv, witch I've modified 22" rrims lowered full exhaust cold air intake mild head work big cam pulled big power,

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
My 4 cylinder Subaru would smoke all those cars.
(If I set fire to it.)
ha ha ha :D

Yep, well it's kinda just the normal Australian thing either the HOLDEN HSV or the FORDFALOCN FPV,
and yeah they are extreamly nice, Audi is also nice, Stephanie is hoping yto get a new car in 1-2 years time she'd like a Mercedes ML63 witch is a good car, nice family 4wd with a big v8 under the front to make it dance, but I'd much rather her be in the hsv for now, till ppeople get over wanting to race her every set of lights, most of the cars around, get flogged by the hsv, witch I've modified 22" rrims lowered full exhaust cold air intake mild head work big cam pulled big power,
Many guys downunder seem to kind of not respect themselves unless there's at least a car with a 5.7 litre V8 in the garage, and even better with twin turbo...
You're doing quite well in that regards.... I only do have a 2 litre 4 cylinder diesel....

I really think the Mitsubishi's (are they still made in S.A.) Holden HSV and CSV give more for the money than the Audi's and BMW's as price is in Australia
Although BMW is doing some good things at the moment !!!

Interesting to remember a decade ago one of the executive managers from Mitsubishi in Japan was on a visit to Adelaide and claimed that the Japanese guys at that time did not manage to match the QA level of the guys in South Australia, I believe Mitsubishi Australia at that time were exporting lots of cars to Saudi Arabia and Emirates....

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Don't remember last time I saw two pages in a row here without any post from Adam, he's probably losing it now :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
From what I know or believe 70% of the jobs out there are never advertized, and as such "on the hidden job market". These jobs go via connections, friends and people who know people. As far as I know, all the best jobs are here.

when you go through this job-market you deal with people 'who want you there', when you go via job-ads you deal with HR who's only task is to get rid of a bunch of people in the pile of applications, so they're looking for a way to eliminate you so they're left with a few final applicants.

One way to get the really good job is by changing the game and use the network for all it's worth
This is difficult and very hard work

Use your linkedin profile, create one if you don't have, search for people, get in touch with people, think out of the box.....

Good luck :p
Well, thing is, in NY it's law that government jobs be posted regardless of whether or not they're "filled" the position. So there are a handful of job postings that are getting 2/3/4/500 applications depending on where it is in the state. Schools are doing mass rejections based on a single criteria just to whittle it down if they don't already have someone in mind like a teacher you got laid off due to budget cuts. I've got people in about 8 different districts all around me keeping an eye out, but this is only the only one that has had a real opening so far.

Thanks for the advice though :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well, thing is, in NY it's law that government jobs be posted regardless of whether or not they're "filled" the position. So there are a handful of job postings that are getting 2/3/4/500 applications depending on where it is in the state. Schools are doing mass rejections based on a single criteria just to whittle it down if they don't already have someone in mind like a teacher you got laid off due to budget cuts. I've got people in about 8 different districts all around me keeping an eye out, but this is only the only one that has had a real opening so far.

Thanks for the advice though :)
The thing is.... if you go the backdoor and you find someone who will hire you, they may be posting a job ad... that suits you perfectly well, in order to fulfill legislative requirements, and then your chances are extremely good.

If you just apply for what's out there, chances are less.... because you have to match 100% to job description.
No matter what, I believe that only looking at job ads is a bit wasting your time, you have to do more ! at least it's how I think

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
ha ha ha :D

Many guys downunder seem to kind of not respect themselves unless there's at least a car with a 5.7 litre V8 in the garage, and even better with twin turbo...
You're doing quite well in that regards.... I only do have a 2 litre 4 cylinder diesel....

I really think the Mitsubishi's (are they still made in S.A.) Holden HSV and CSV give more for the money than the Audi's and BMW's as price is in Australia
Although BMW is doing some good things at the moment !!!

Interesting to remember a decade ago one of the executive managers from Mitsubishi in Japan was on a visit to Adelaide and claimed that the Japanese guys at that time did not manage to match the QA level of the guys in South Australia, I believe Mitsubishi Australia at that time were exporting lots of cars to Saudi Arabia and Emirates....
It is verey shameful Australia is made up of some real wankers in v8s :( thanks man, still a great car! I test drove a 2ltr turbo diesel Mercedes that had grate power only down fall it was a 4 door saloon I needed a ute, funny you say that, there's talk about the Australian ford performance vechiels (FPV) being manufactured in china, not sure what's going on they nevere mentiond it again

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Adam would love to no your opinion on cars also? If I'm correct you drive a Prius yes?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
When I was living in Australia I had a Mitsubishi Magna with the 3L V6, very good car but not so good on bendy roads really, like in the Adelaide Hills I had the fight the car quite a lot as it just feels to heavy in the front and it seems like it doesn't really want to go through the curves..... You never do have any of these things in a BMW that's in perfect balance anytime anywhere :p

The 3 series coupe is in perfect balance in any speed, any curve .... :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
When I was living in Australia I had a Mitsubishi Magna with the 3L V6, very good car but not so good on bendy roads really, like in the Adelaide Hills I had the fight the car quite a lot as it just feels to heavy in the front and it seems like it doesn't really want to go through the curves..... You never do have any of these things in a BMW that's in perfect balance anytime anywhere :p

When I lived in Australia I didn't have a car so I had to hitch rides everywhere. The thing I miss most is the Cherry Ripe.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I have a Ford Fusion hybrid

I keep forgetting you lived in Australia, Adelaide hills are great I no a few Nissan drivers that could drift them was a nightmare to be in the car!!!! Looked awsome on the outside but :D argh the good old mitsubishi magna the auto gear box and front wheel drive let them down so mucg!!

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis