Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Saw Django twice in theaters.. Thought it was pretty good, though lover than I expected. Sammy did some real good acting for his smaller role! I perfect amount of humor too..

Need to plan out a workout regimen.. Never really had one that I've stuck to successfully, so I'm going to make this my semester to get myself together! Maybe some of you muscle heads can pm me some suggestions. I'm 5'9" and a buck thirty on a good day. I want to improve my cardio but I want to bulk up as well (problem there will be affording the additional food/protein)..
Food is cheap, problem is eating food that will turn into lean mass....
5'9" 130 lbs, jeez, I was bigger than that at 11... lol... But the good news is it wont take much to make you look big, small frames look huge with 15lbs of extra muscle, When my biceps were 18"s they looked solid, where 18" arms on someone like you and you will be placing top 3 in competitions, lol, now my arms are 22-23-24 lol and they look like they can get bigger... ;)

Heres the best advice for gaining lean body mass EAT lean meat, tuna, chicken breast, what ever, stay away from sugar/soda/fatty dairy products like cheese, ect... If you put something in your body make sure its lean, no sugar or silly fats {like french frys or anything fried for that matter}... Eat a ton of fiber first thing in the morning Fiber one cereal {the one that looks like rabbit pellets} with almond milk {better than reg milk}, then a nice chicken sandwich for lunch {get yourself some nice heavy whole grain bread and a big piece of chicken with tomatoes, red onions, ect...} then a few Ensures {the protein ones has a yellow block that says PROTEIN on it} through out the day with a protein shake before and after your workouts... then a big dinner {a lot of people say dont eat too late but when trying to gain it will happen while you sleep, so snack before bed, and sleep a lot...} You'll gain...

Then for work outs do you go to the gym? just smash it at the same time everyday for as long as you can, work through the pain and smash smash smash {thats trademarked my motto :) , } Bi's and back one day, chest and tri's another, shoulders and core another, and do legs before every workout {your legs are the biggest muscles in your body and trigger the most amount of natural test. so banging them up before your workout for a while will show gains, and get you pumping...

give that 3 years, and if you don't gain 30 lbs of muscle, You could always find some kind of peptide hormone, or there is always DECA and her friend Test-E , lol that just a joke, that stuff will kill ya, but you will have lots of sex before hand... sooooooo.. lol................ thats another joke... plus its expensive...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Future Adam gave me the green light. Turns out, he cares less than I do.
I was wrong - he doesn't care less. French fries got the green light, but the 75% of a bag of lentil chips seems to have him a bit miffed.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Seeing McNulty play the villain in 300 is always disconcerting :p

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Many times dropouts on DSL aren't related to the wire, a number of issues come up with the PPPoE. Start making note of the times you get dropouts (and how long), might come in handy if you do anyother service call/chat.

Steve

P.S. Might still be good to have them check your signal strength, hopefully their modem collects that data as that makes it quick and easy.
If you got a straight line to the box then it should be something else. PPPoE is definitely troublesome. Cable is typically better than DSL in my experience. I know switching is a pain though and your cable service could be terrible for internet. I had so many issues with DSL at my last apartment with no phone lines, but it still had dropouts. I switched to cable and had no issues. It is definitely worth a crack IMO.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Food is cheap, problem is eating food that will turn into lean mass....
5'9" 130 lbs, jeez, I was bigger than that at 11... lol... But the good news is it wont take much to make you look big, small frames look huge with 15lbs of extra muscle, When my biceps were 18"s they looked solid, where 18" arms on someone like you and you will be placing top 3 in competitions, lol, now my arms are 22-23-24 lol and they look like they can get bigger... ;)

Heres the best advice for gaining lean body mass EAT lean meat, tuna, chicken breast, what ever, stay away from sugar/soda/fatty dairy products like cheese, ect... If you put something in your body make sure its lean, no sugar or silly fats {like french frys or anything fried for that matter}... Eat a ton of fiber first thing in the morning Fiber one cereal {the one that looks like rabbit pellets} with almond milk {better than reg milk}, then a nice chicken sandwich for lunch {get yourself some nice heavy whole grain bread and a big piece of chicken with tomatoes, red onions, ect...} then a few Ensures {the protein ones has a yellow block that says PROTEIN on it} through out the day with a protein shake before and after your workouts... then a big dinner {a lot of people say dont eat too late but when trying to gain it will happen while you sleep, so snack before bed, and sleep a lot...} You'll gain...

Then for work outs do you go to the gym? just smash it at the same time everyday for as long as you can, work through the pain and smash smash smash {thats trademarked my motto :) , } Bi's and back one day, chest and tri's another, shoulders and core another, and do legs before every workout {your legs are the biggest muscles in your body and trigger the most amount of natural test. so banging them up before your workout for a while will show gains, and get you pumping...

I am going to disagree on the amount of weight training. It really depends on your body type. While I have no doubt that Imcloud is somewhere between a mesomorph and an endomorph you are most likely a Ectomorph. I was a true Ectomorph before I started training, weighing in at 124lbs at 5'11". The key to training this type of body is intense but very short workouts using all basic compound movements and hitting each body part infrequently.

Divide your workouts to hit each body part once a week. with the push pull routine-Chest/tri, back/bi, legs

Your goal here is maximum recovery with an excess calorie intake.

Imcloud's diet plan is fine but track your calories and adjust by watching your weight. Pound in protein at 1g per pound of body weight and drink that last one on your way to bed.

When I starting lifting, a big gym rat took interest in my goals and had me describe my plan to him. I laid out my perfect diet and training plan and he told me it was great if I wanted to stay at 124lbs. He asked me to do him a favor and follow his advice for 30 days. It was as simple as this:

Only train for 30-40 minutes a day, every other day.

Divide body as described above.:

Only do basic compound movements consisting of bench press, DB press, wide grip pull-ups, barbell rows, shoulder press, squats, leg press, stiff leg dead lifts.

You notice there are no specific arm exercises on here.

Eat 5 ham or turkey sandwiches per day on 9 grain bread and start and end every day with a protein shake. Don't worry about fruits or veggies for this 30 days but take a multi-vitamin.

63 days later I had gained 26 lbs and very little fat.

We adjusted my diet and training after that but always stuck to primarily basic movements. 3 years down the line I was huge and even entered a few local contests where I would weigh-in at 216 lbs at 3% body fat. Off season I would get up to about 230 and BF would be around 12%.

I was caught up in this body building for several years but then realized I didn't like that culture. The one thing that has always amazed me is what anyone can do with their body.

I am a cyclist now and concentrate on cardio and endurance but lifting always stays in my routine. Muscle/weight actually hinders me on the bike but growing up a skinny kid and then getting bigger than most people, left me with a desire to want to stay muscular.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I am going to disagree on the amount of weight training. It really depends on your body type. While I have no doubt that Imcloud is somewhere between a mesomorph and an endomorph you are most likely a Ectomorph. I was a true Ectomorph before I started training, weighing in at 124lbs at 5'11". The key to training this type of body is intense but very short workouts using all basic compound movements and hitting each body part infrequently.

Divide your workouts to hit each body part once a week. with the push pull routine-Chest/tri, back/bi, legs

Your goal here is maximum recovery with an excess calorie intake.

Imcloud's diet plan is fine but track your calories and adjust by watching your weight. Pound in protein at 1g per pound of body weight and drink that last one on your way to bed.

When I starting lifting, a big gym rat took interest in my goals and had me describe my plan to him. I laid out my perfect diet and training plan and he told me it was great if I wanted to stay at 124lbs. He asked me to do him a favor and follow his advice for 30 days. It was as simple as this:

Only train for 30-40 minutes a day, every other day.

Divide body as described above.:

Only do basic compound movements consisting of bench press, DB press, wide grip pull-ups, barbell rows, shoulder press, squats, leg press, stiff leg dead lifts.

You notice there are no specific arm exercises on here.

Eat 5 ham or turkey sandwiches per day on 9 grain bread and start and end every day with a protein shake. Don't worry about fruits or veggies for this 30 days but take a multi-vitamin.

63 days later I had gained 26 lbs and very little fat.

We adjusted my diet and training after that but always stuck to primarily basic movements. 3 years down the line I was huge and even entered a few local contests where I would weigh-in at 216 lbs at 3% body fat. Off season I would get up to about 230 and BF would be around 12%.

I was caught up in this body building for several years but then realized I didn't like that culture. The one thing that has always amazed me is what anyone can do with their body.

I am a cyclist now and concentrate on cardio and endurance but lifting always stays in my routine. Muscle/weight actually hinders me on the bike but growing up a skinny kid and then getting bigger than most people, left me with a desire to want to stay muscular.
I can somewhat relate to this. I'm about 6'1 and 155-160. Last year I went on a health kick for 6 months or so. Was in the gym almost every day and trying to take in lots of protein. Doing cardio/weights. Only ended up gaining 7-8 pounds in the process, but I felt way healthier. Hurt my back and couldn't work out for a month or so, lost all the weight I'd gained :p the super fast metabolism giveth, and it taketh away :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The weather predictions for Sunday/Monday keep getting colder the closer we get. Initially, they said mid-20s. Then, low-20s. Now, in the teens. My orange tree...oh, my baby...I'll do what I can.

Hopefully people here who didn't grow up somewhere colder learned from the last time we got into the teens a couple of years ago - cover your pipes and leave a faucet open a bit.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks again for converting what I thought was obvious enough into a semantic sledge hammer. :D
Okay, that doesn't really apply...but I just happen to like "semantic sledge hammer" and left it. :) Kind of like your Panny making donuts. :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I can somewhat relate to this. I'm about 6'1 and 155-160. Last year I went on a health kick for 6 months or so. Was in the gym almost every day and trying to take in lots of protein. Doing cardio/weights. Only ended up gaining 7-8 pounds in the process, but I felt way healthier. Hurt my back and couldn't work out for a month or so, lost all the weight I'd gained :p the super fast metabolism giveth, and it taketh away :p
Yep, if you are a true Ecto you almost have to become lazy outside of the gym. I remember him teaching me: Don't run if you can walk, don't walk if you can sit, don't sit if you can lie down, don't lie down awake if you can be asleep.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, if you are a true Ecto you almost have to become lazy outside of the gym. I remember him teaching me: Don't run if you can walk, don't walk if you can sit, don't sit if you can lie down, don't lie down awake if you can be asleep.
I must not be a true Ecto, because I've mastered that and haven't gotten bulky.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I'm giving myself 42 more minutes to lay in bed and be lazy. After that I gotta get up clean the apartment up a bit for company. I swear this place would never get vacuumed/swept if people didn't come over :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry for the large picture, but tell me that this doesn't look like a galactic-sized evil Pac-Man.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis