Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Some knucklehead in a delivery truck backed into a fire hydrant at my work. I saw the guy talking to our security guard, who I know. I was there when it happened and saw the volume of water and moved my car then went inside for 4.5hrs of meetings. I can see the fire department come after about 2.5hrs to shut it off. I didn't realize the parking lot was still flooding, but when I came out at lunch, it was all dry. Went in someone else's car. Went in to work, came out at 4 and found my car had been flooded even after moving it more than 50ft away.

Put in an insurance claim, could not get the details because the guard was already gone. Contacted the guard and she said she was told she cannot give me the info and refers me to our building manager and the head of security. It is at this point I realize, these guys who caused this work for MY COMPANY lol. So my company is on the hook and they are not responding at all. No matter, I already ran it through my insurance for now.

The only maybe bad thing is, the insurance company said based on what I said and the fact that it is water damage, there is a decent chance it will be totaled based on the age of the car. Water damage can be tough re: expensive, to fix. I already called Subaru and they said the carpet is no longer made. Checked ebay, none listed >sigh<

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Some knucklehead in a delivery truck backed into a fire hydrant at my work. I saw the guy talking to our security guard, who I know. I was there when it happened and saw the volume of water and moved my car then went inside for 4.5hrs of meetings. I can see the fire department come after about 2.5hrs to shut it off. I didn't realize the parking lot was still flooding, but when I came out at lunch, it was all dry. Went in someone else's car. Went in to work, came out at 4 and found my car had been flooded even after moving it more than 50ft away.

Put in an insurance claim, could not get the details because the guard was already gone. Contacted the guard and she said she was told she cannot give me the info and refers me to our building manager and the head of security. It is at this point I realize, these guys who caused this work for MY COMPANY lol. So my company is on the hook and they are not responding at all. No matter, I already ran it through my insurance for now.

The only maybe bad thing is, the insurance company said based on what I said and the fact that it is water damage, there is a decent chance it will be totaled based on the age of the car. Water damage can be tough re: expensive, to fix. I already called Subaru and they said the carpet is no longer made. Checked ebay, none listed >sigh<
Very sorry to hear mate :eek:
hope it will work out well:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Very sorry to hear mate :eek:
hope it will work out well:)
I asked my friend's shop and they actually have the whole carpet for this car from one of their gutted cars. So if the insurance would pay to get it dried and remove/install the carpet, I would be OK with it. However, Insurance said not to take it to a shop for an estimate. They will pick it up today and evaluate it themselves at a total loss center. Adjuster said a regular body shop will have a harder time providing a real estimate unless they pull the seats, trim and carpet and look at the electrical systems.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey kids!

I'm bored, so I figured I'd visit the support group.

I wish that I had something interesting to say but I really am that boring...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis