Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just make sure that the 665 has the connections that you want. Without assignable inputs, that's the biggest limitation of that receiver, IMO.
I know that I don't want that rec'r based on al the flak it got in the thread following Tom 'First Impressions' article. I'm not clear what that assignable inputs bees wax is about. I want either what you have or what Greg has based on you guys having it and having done all the leg work.

... but if I wait 8 more years ... :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not clear what that assignable inputs bees wax is about.
It's about flexibility to some extent, but with that receiver, it would be a necessity for me to ever recommend it.

Here's one example of why: If you have a source with component video and two-channel analog audio (such as a Playstation 2) that you want to decode (e.g. for Pro-Logic), you're boned if you want to run both through the 665. The only video connection that can be coupled with a two-channel audio input (that is processed) is a composite video connection.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's been something like three and half hours, and my deal thread isn't up. Maybe it didn't make the cut.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I thought that this was quite cool. Where do you think the following picture was taken?

It's Mars! It had me fooled. Sure looks like a coastline with water, doesn't it? Click the picture for the original link and explanation.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Haha, inbetween surfing the 'net that is. Not hourly, so, it doesn't help to procrastinate. Sometimes I disconnect my network cable if I really have to get a lot of stuff done.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Darn it. I thought of a pretty good post for the "Guidelines..." thread, but it appears to be gone now.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I had three points from you, too. Gone. All GONE! :( :D

BTW, repped points won't go away, just thanks.
Oh that's a relief because I'm closing in on like 30k and really need it for my self esteem.
Without that validation I would be ... what? ... clueless and unpopular?

I would take 10 cents on the point to put toward upgrades.

It's hilarious that a thread about creating a guideline for the mods gets deleted by the mods. :D

Welcome to Audioholics
:D

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
... thinking about trading in all of your tomorrows for just one yesterday? :)

... relax RJ, we're not giving you up.

I'm goi ng a little buggy over here thinking about the AH Deal of the Week.

It would take care of my HDMI, has pre-outs and of course the Oppo ...
A free life time techno slave to irritate the piss out of ...
I just don't want to part with any of the money that I just screwed Matt, Chris and Jerry out of ... :eek: :D
The amp section of the 665 is questionable.
But considering it's only $300 (over the cost of the Oppo)............maybe JL is looking for a deal. :D

Sorry. sorry. just sayin' :rolleyes:

majorloser

majorloser

So Alex, I guess your rep points will now be approaching 30 instead of 30,000 :rolleyes:

Welcome to Audioholics :p

majorloser

majorloser

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/KuMQjKiaDTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/KuMQjKiaDTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis