Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Less than two days until Apple announces the new iPhone.

Join the dark side, Strube. Angry Birds never looked so good.

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm going to stop eating vegetables because of the cruel way that people mow their lawns.
Cutting the big blades of grass in front of the little blades is monstrous. :D

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got the impression from that photo of your driveway that you lived in a newer subdivision, but I'd be suprised if any new houses don't have AC these days - is your house newer? I don't have a swamp cooler and don't wish that I did.
Our house was built in 2008. The swamp cooler is much cheaper to run than an AC, and the people who are from here claim that swamp coolers are all anyone should ever need because the outside humidity is always low enough that swamp cooler effectiveness according to the almighty psychrometric chart should be acceptable. They lie.

They might work great, but I just have the mentality that they boost the humidity level in the house. That, and they don't work for s*** when it's high humidity like we get here in the late summer.
It was humid enough that the swamp cooler didn't do crap for about a month this summer. Supposedly that isn't normal, but I am not a fan either way. I am also not a fan of the thing pumping our house up to 65% humidity all the time. The doors swell and don't close and whatnot. Also, I think the bugs like it better in the humid house. I put a big window AC in to make it through this summer but I need to win the lottery so I can afford to pay the $10k AC installation bill or whatever it may be, in addition to the electric bill.

strube

strube

Don't do it!

If I wanted Steve Jobs' thumb in my a** controlling my entire life like I was a sock puppet, I would consider an Apple product, but I really, really don't want that.

I will stick with the Androids and the Windows where I can do whatever I please with my nerdgasmically magical power-user powers. :)

I don't mean to be harsh, but Apple is the electronic gadget equivalent of Monster Cable. There! I said it! ;)

strube

strube

I don't mean to be harsh, but Apple is the electronic gadget equivalent of Monster Cable. There! I said it! ;)
Also, "Monster Cable" may be interchanged with "Bose" as desired. :p

I think all of my reading on Apple's patent lawsuits against everyone and their grandmas has gotten to me today. Sorry for the excessive hostility...but not too sorry. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...but I need to win the lottery so I can afford to pay the $10k AC installation bill or whatever it may be, in addition to the electric bill.
Forgive my poor memory, but isn't your wife an engineer, too? I'm guessing that you can afford the AC bill. ;)

The $10k installation bill sucks, though. :eek:

strube

strube

Forgive my poor memory, but isn't your wife an engineer, too? I'm guessing that you can afford the AC bill. ;)

The $10k installation bill sucks, though. :eek:
How dare you assume my DINKdom allows for such frivolous spending! ;)

Besides, I am saving for a 2013 Mustang Boss 302. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Besides, I am saving for a 2013 Mustang Boss 302. :D
Sweet! You can afford the AC with all that money that you're going to save on gas. Oh, wait... :D

BTW, that's one sweet ride. I will be jealous.

strube

strube

You forget - I'm a hybrid-driving d-bag. 43+, baby. :p
Since it's a Ford and my inlaws have the same one, you get a pass. :)

If I were going to be driving a hybrid, that would be the one.

:eek: :eek: I must have missed that while I was gone (or forgot about it) - holy snikeys! That's awesome. How's the ride?
Now that you mention it, I am not sure I ever posted anything about it.

I just rebuilt the front suspension completely so it rides/handles quite nicely. Now I just have to determine how there is exhaust coming into the cabin so I don't pass out and die when I drive it to work. :D

Well, off to watch Fringe. Have a good evening.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The only problem is, where will I park this thing?
I need those kinds of problems. :D
That's a pretty rare car for Colorado.
Better put that up before too long. Snow's on it's way.

I just found the ultimate speaker deal. Now I just need the money. So long as this early morning posting continues I think I can swing it in like maybe 6 weeks. I still need to know the asking price but it's not gonna be Primus pricing on these. I'm keeping the details hush-hush for now but if this pans out it should put me in full gloat for close to a year. The subwoofer gloat is wearing off and I need this. :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I spent the night sleeping in your car. I'm waiting for you to go to work so I can hide in one
of your many closets to scare the life out of you when you open the door. :eek:

Gotta run ...

ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Someone made a horrible mess in the backseat of our car :eek:

Perhaps there is a clue here.......................

Last edited:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief

Yeah, I have a damn business account so I have to wait for my retarded AT&T business manager to send me the phone. Otherwise I'd just order it online and wait the three days. Not really in any rush for it, hehe, but my old ones dying (I think they planned that hehe).

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Don't do it!

If I wanted Steve Jobs' thumb in my a** controlling my entire life like I was a sock puppet, I would consider an Apple product, but I really, really don't want that.

I will stick with the Androids and the Windows where I can do whatever I please with my nerdgasmically magical power-user powers. :)

They are kind of annoying. I had to switch to Apple though, just didn't really have that many options for what I wanted to do. I felt like Microsoft kinda had its act together with Windows 7 (which I actually like), and I have high hopes for Windows 8. The problem is buying from Dell, HP or whomever just becomes a pain. Even the business service sucks.

With Apple I have Joint Venture (hehe, yeah, I laughed at the name too)... where my workstation, laptop, ipad, iphone are all covered and if my laptop or workstation goes down they give me a loaner, also I cut the line for service. The loaner thing is a big deal, because me without a computer for a week costs more than the 500 they charge for Joint Venture (which covers 5 people, so it actually only cost me 100). Has other benefits too, like customized training and such.

I agree though, Apple is kind of annoying. I'm just putting up with it because it's less of a headache than Dell or HP hehe.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Beware my friends.................

Once you hit the road towards the dark side, your are lost :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis