Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Go out in your truck and treat yourself to an SACD.

Well, the CD layer, anyway...

:p :D J/K, Strube! Trying to cheer you up a bit. Thesis deadlines suck...hard.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Pop quiz - what does Alex have in common with a thesis deadline?

:)

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Have you checked the equalizer settings in Media Player or whatever it is you're using? The soundcard might also have these.

-pat
It was skipping before because my DPC latency would spike. I turned my color bit depth down to 16-bit and it fixed the latencies, then later I figured out that it was some Nvidia power management thing that was effing everything up. The thing is, with the skipping, I didn't notice the quality was sh!t.

Once that was fixed two days ago, I didn't really notice because my mind has been on other things. Today it sounds like everything, even my flac files, are encoded in 64kbps bitrate, or they are being run through a flanger effect, or something - I was almost thinking it reminded me of a nightmare I had where DRM built into everything automatically downconverts the quality on all your music because it assumes you stole it...

It is like Creative EAX is effing with it, but it isn't. Anyway...I can't figure it out. There is a Winamp EQ, but it is off unless I need to tame the boom in my headphones, but this issue is present whether I am plugged in with headphones or speakers, and whether I am using the onboard soundmax crappy audio or the Creative Audigy 2 ZS notebook PCMCIA experience.

It's pretty frustrating.

strube

strube

Okay - time to get another Coke and get back to work. I have only consumed 4 of said beverage today, so I am way behind. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
"All I want is just one more oatmeal pie. Little Debbie, Little Debbie..."

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Rick finally gets to pitch. I'm happy for you both.

:D
Jamie would thank you for that. I have been sensing some hostility from him lately. I can't imagine what it could be.

strube

strube

Four of what size, though? Cans, bottles, two-liters?
Just cans. I just had my sixth for breakfast. Needless to say, my stomach is absolutely furious with me. We aren't talking anymore, but I am getting abused nonetheless.

I have never been a coffee drinker, but I imagine I might not feel quite as bad as I do now without all the high fructose corn syrup and battery acid in my stomach...:)

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I just went and posted a few things on AVS. It's been a LONG time since I've done that. I get that feeling like I'm building my theater all over again. I'm not sure if I like that or not. ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Why does my beer taste funny?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers