Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alright, it doesn't arrive until Wednesday. Post whore in transiiiit.
It arrived early. :D

I was a bit nervous about buying it sight unseen, but I really like it so far. This 11" version is so nice and compact, but the keyboard is still really easy to use. Two thumbs up so far, but I've barely used it - just set it up and done a little web surfing.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
It arrived early. :D

I was a bit nervous about buying it sight unseen, but I really like it so far. This 11" version is so nice and compact, but the keyboard is still really easy to use. Two thumbs up so far, but I've barely used it - just set it up and done a little web surfing.
You have made my lifelong goal to take down Crapple just a little bit harder. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You have made my lifelong goal to take down Crapple just a little bit harder. :rolleyes:
They're making it a bit easier on you. :) iLife comes installed as part of Lion. The App Store says that there are updates for it, but it won't let me update it because I didn't purchase it - it wants me to buy them first. Yeah, okay...I already bought them as part of the Air. From my searching, many people have experienced this. I'm sure that someone will fix it eventually.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is good stuff...

Atlantis launch in 720P
Some forces at play here ....
0 mph to speed of sound in less than a minute :p
0 - 3200mph in 2 mins 30 seconds :D

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

Much better in real life. No subwoofer even come close to the rumble. :cool:

The loss of the space shuttle program is a huge blow to our local economy. I'm sure it will take a few years before we really see the full effect to local business and real estate markets. Our county alone has seen double digit losses in property values and double digit unemployment for three years running.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

The loss of the space shuttle program is a huge blow to our local economy. I'm sure it will take a few years before we really see the full effect to local business and real estate markets. Our county alone has seen double digit losses in property values and double digit unemployment for three years running.
It's a cascade effect......engineers, support staff, manufacturers, suppliers......it's a frigging disaster, not counting the research that will be nixed AND the amazing by-products that research spawns.

Lets see how long it's going to take China and India to set up their own shuttles.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Will they still keep the space center open as a tourist attraction and nature preserve?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Always wanted to watch this, heard it's something like 205dB... this rumbling :D

majorloser

majorloser

Will they still keep the space center open as a tourist attraction and nature preserve?
Yeah, the visitor center will still be there. They're building a new museum to house Atlantis. The building where the Apollo 5 and most of the moon related items is awesome. Hopefully they'll do something as nice for the shuttle.

The Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and Patrick AFB will still be here. All of the other rockets and missle tests are launched at the Cape. The biggest thing now launching will be the Delta 4 Heavy. Eventually SpaceX will get their Falcon-9 and Falcon-HEAVY up and running. SpaceX is a private company trying to fill the need for manned and un-manned missions into low Earth orbit, like the space station.

http://www.spacex.com/index.php

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I logged in to read about boring stuff, but I just got an education in science and economics. My a** hurts. Ummm, I meant my head hurts. Darn you Freud.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is not bad.... too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
12 hours without a boring post? Nice try, but you aren't fooling anyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis