Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I've had enough AH excitement for one day. Time for bed. I'm guessing that Niki will start trying to get me up in about four hours (3am here). Maybe she'll let me sleep in until 4am.

Have a good one, everybody!

Matt34

Matt34

Watched Fedor destroy yet another opponent on the Strikeforce presentation on CBS and then the wife and I rented Omen off Itunes.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I'm back, gunna blow some smoke in the air and go to bed.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm guessing that Niki will start trying to get me up in about four hours (3am here). Maybe she'll let me sleep in until 4am.
4:30am. Well, I don't know what time it is when she started, but that's about when I couldn't take any more.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If it's good enough for the kids ... see how happy they are?
It would be easier if you'd just sleep in a little longer. I think it's you making noise outside the window that gets her all anxious. I mean, come on - how long does it take to adjust to our timezone?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if I have a disease or something. Well, a physical one. Niki is incredibly insistent that I wake up and get up...but once I'm up, she just goes off and lays down. She's probably one of those dogs that can sense cancer or something, and she just wants to make sure that I'm still alive.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki getting me up early combined with daylight savings time is hurting. Before, I'd get up around 9am Eastern, but now I'm up at about 7am Eastern. Don't you east coasters post in the mornings? :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Wow Adam, that is weird.
All this time I thought she just wanted to go out.

It's not the time change either, since she's getting you up two hours earlier.
Do you think she's alerting you to some critters in the house?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's not the time change either, since she's getting you up two hours earlier.
Do you think she's alerting you to some critters in the house?
We actually don't do daylight savings time here, btw. Right now, I'm two hours earlier than the east coast, but it'll be three hours in the Spring.

I think that it started just about the time that I began taking her to the state park in the mornings. I think that she wants me to get up so that we can get going. She's smart and knows that it takes me some time to get ready, so she plans ahead. :) At least, I hope that's it. It might also be because she's very afraid of a squeek that one of the neighbor's doors makes when he opens it, and he leaves for work around 5am or 6am.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
We actually don't do daylight savings time here, btw. Right now, I'm two hours earlier than the east coast, but it'll be three hours in the Spring.
I did not know that.

It might also be because she's very afraid of a squeek that one of the neighbor's doors makes when he opens it, and he leaves for work around 5am or 6am.
You can always have Alex sneak over there with his can of 3-in-1 oil.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't you east coasters post in the mornings? :D
Now I feel like I'm under the gun to post something, anything.

Okay. I looked over at my albums and grabbed an album (LGX-66031). I found a really boring review on it from the stone age. The cover (box) and matching sleeve are in extraordinary condition. I like that a former owner signed the sleeve. One of my box set's has a wife's note to her husband on it from their anniversary back in the 50's. They probably died in each others arms having frozen to death in the Canadian Rockies. Why? How the f^%& should I know? :confused: :D

So I cleaned the album off on my linear tracker because it has an incredibly stable platter and played it on Walters AR Model XB turntable. It is a little poppy but it's vinyl ... what did you expect? CD like quality? Get a grip.

Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6 in B Minor Opus 74 ... what's an Opus?
Not the penguin. Google time.

Happy now? :)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder if I have a disease or something. Well, a physical one. Niki is incredibly insistent that I wake up and get up...but once I'm up, she just goes off and lays down. She's probably one of those dogs that can sense cancer or something, and she just wants to make sure that I'm still alive.
Haha, nah. My buddys dog does that too. It's like his job. He wakes up at 5, gets a drink of water (slush slush slush), then goes to his side of the bed and wakes him up. If he doesn't get up, then the dog starts making pouting noises. If he keeps ignoring him, then the dog will just sit there and stare..and if he catches him looking then he'll start to push him with his nose. Once he's up, then its time to wake up my buddys wife on the other side of the bed. He goes over there and does the same thing if she isn't already up. He them goes to the sons room and wakes him up.

Then, after all of this, the dog lays down and goes back to bed.

Hahaha.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
East coast is representin'. (I'm so street, I amaze even myself. :D)

Thanks, fellas.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Haha, nah. My buddys dog does that too...
Thing is, she hasn't done it since the first week that I brought her home (three and a half years ago). I think that she did it then because she was anxious about her new surroundings. I'm trying to figure out what's got her anxious now, but I haven't been able to, yet.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I woke up with an extremely bad headache this morning and dry blood covering my right ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis