Real 12s speedwoofer

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Hello just purchased a rsl 12s speedwoofer I have a pioneer vsx-lx505 receiver and it sounds like poop to be honest not getting any power out of it. I have a cheap klipsch 12 sub from Costco that was 200 bucks and this thing was 800 but my old klipsch is hitting wayyyyyyy harder then this supposedly high power sub what am I doing wrong because it has to be user error with how big and heavy this thing is. Like this can’t be the true sound I’m hearing because I will be paying 150 return fee if that’s the case

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't imagine why you're thinking the Klipsch sub is better unless you just like the poorer performance of the Klipsch? Did you set up the sub in the avr for the new sub or are using the previous sub's setup? Provide all details of settings/setup for sub/avr might help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello just purchased a rsl 12s speedwoofer I have a pioneer vsx-lx505 receiver and it sounds like poop to be honest not getting any power out of it. I have a cheap klipsch 12 sub from Costco that was 200 bucks and this thing was 800 but my old klipsch is hitting wayyyyyyy harder then this supposedly high power sub what am I doing wrong because it has to be user error with how big and heavy this thing is. Like this can’t be the true sound I’m hearing because I will be paying 150 return fee if that’s the case
No idea what you are doing wrong, but you are doing something idiotic or you have a faulty unit.

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Can't imagine why you're thinking the Klipsch sub is better unless you just like the poorer performance of the Klipsch? Did you set up the sub in the avr for the new sub or are using the previous sub's setup? Provide all details of settings/setup for sub/avr might help.
I’m going to be returning this pioneer elite receiver and getting a denon 2800.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Yes I have the 10E and I run it about 30% volume in my medium sized room so it doesn’t rattle the old windows. There is definitely something wrong with the setup or the unit.

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Yes I have the 10E and I run it about 30% volume in my medium sized room so it doesn’t rattle the old windows. There is definitely something wrong with the setup or the unit.
Yea I’m turning this this all the way up and not getting any sort of house hold rattling now it it it putting off some bass but nothing like I was hoping to hear. How do I determine if it’s faulty speaker

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
No idea what you are doing wrong, but you are doing something idiotic or you have a faulty unit.
How do I determine if it’s a faulty unit? What’s my best approach towards rsl if it’s the new unit I ordered. It did come from Cali to Florida so it had to go A long way but the box arrived basically undamaged and everything was tight and secure when unpacking

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
How do I determine if it’s a faulty unit? What’s my best approach towards rsl if it’s the new unit I ordered. It did come from Cali to Florida so it had to go A long way but the box arrived basically undamaged and everything was tight and secure when unpacking
A good start would be to use the test tones in the speaker set up menu.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis