Rca to xlr direction

J

Jeff6570

Audiophyte
Pre out is rca,amp input is xlr,my cable has a directional arrow pointing from xlr to rca,will this be safe to install?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Like this:
RCA > XLR
or like this:
XLR > RCA

J

Jeff6570

Audiophyte
Arrow is pointing from xlr to rca,but my signal is rca out of preamp to xlr input of amp,i am also suffering from a hiss from tweeters that doesn't increase with volume control but does increase from amp gain
Increase, carver preamp tuner,carver pm1200 amp.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Arrow is pointing from xlr to rca,but my signal is rca out of preamp to xlr input of amp,i am also suffering from a hiss from tweeters that doesn't increase with volume control but does increase from amp gain
Increase, carver preamp tuner,carver pm1200 amp.
The noise floor might have a hiss at low levels regardless of which cables FWIW.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks, i can only hook it up 1 way,,the wire direction markings are backwards of my signal flow,is this affecting my sound?
Or is there other issues,thanks for any help.
Read the link I posted carefully. The last guy had to have this all explained three times to him! The issue is not creating a ground loop and therefore not creating hum.

J

Jeff6570

Audiophyte
Read the link I posted carefully. The last guy had to have this all explained three times to him! The issue is not creating a ground loop and therefore not creating hum.
Thanks,i have no hum,but regardless of cables i have used i have a buzzing from tweeters that doesn't increase with volume
But decreases with gains on amp,i am studying your post,but unsure on best hookup solution. Thankyou.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks,i have no hum,but regardless of cables i have used i have a buzzing from tweeters that doesn't increase with volume
But decreases with gains on amp,i am studying your post,but unsure on best hookup solution. Thankyou.
Buzzing/hum whatever that is your ground loop and that is what my post will help you get rid off. Just follow my instructions and be smarter than the last guy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis