RBH Testing at AH - Response to Matt34

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
I just did a quick search of the lastest speakers tested, three reviews out of the last 32 were from the companies you mentioned.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/

Might want to do a little research before making such accusations.
Might want to do a little research before prematurely ending (that's what she said!) the thread. If you had taken the time to look at floorstanding reviews (not just bookshelf's), 7 out of 23 are RBH.

That's 30% or almost 1/3 of all Pro Review articles in case you don't have a calculator handy. I'd say that's a tad weighted.

I'm not commenting on RBH in any way, but there's a hell of a lot of speakers out there and RBH doesn't command 30% of the speaker market. However, this attitude against fair comment is a little dubyasturbing. AH was the last frontier of honesty and openness for AV, I hope that's not changing.

So relax and ease off the trigger a little there goderator. :D

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Who cares? RBH makes a good speaker that is affordable for most of the folks around here. Plus, if you ever want to upgrade, they have tons of options, even into their really high end Status Acoustics stuff. I'd like to see more reviews too, but they are a quality company we should all take at least a look at.

majorloser

majorloser

Do You Not Like It Here???

You may wish to re-read the forum rules:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/faq.php

Please pay particular attention to this one:

8. Do NOT immediately start a new thread on a subject after a moderator just locked one on the same subject. We don't care if you had something else to say. If the mods say the thread's dead, stupid, infantile, ridiculous, or absolutely useless to waste time on, it's done. If you start a new thread in defiance of this, you're history.

And let's get one thing straight. I'm the one around here that they think has a God complex.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You may wish to re-read the forum rules:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/faq.php

Please pay particular attention to this one:

8. Do NOT immediately start a new thread on a subject after a moderator just locked one on the same subject. We don't care if you had something else to say. If the mods say the thread's dead, stupid, infantile, ridiculous, or absolutely useless to waste time on, it's done. If you start a new thread in defiance of this, you're history.

And let's get one thing straight. I'm the one around here that they think has a God complex.
He does you know.....thinks he's god. Wait till you see him with a few under his belt, makes everyone call him "your highness."

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
Controversey? Appropriate Thread

Wow, I didn't think it was that big a deal, just an observation.

I'm a little confused, isn't a forum a place to express opinion and hold open discussion? I didn't drag anyone through the mud, use foul language, display any hostility but was shut down. I wasn't even commenting on RBH.

Where would I post such a comment your Highness? Is there a list of comments AH deems acceptable?

I've got to be honest, it's the reason I haven't visited or posted in a while. Is it only regulars or buddies that get to express? :confused:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You've angered the most highest-highness, you're in big doo-doo now.

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
No Option Up North

Who cares? RBH makes a good speaker that is affordable for most of the folks around here. Plus, if you ever want to upgrade, they have tons of options, even into their really high end Status Acoustics stuff. I'd like to see more reviews too, but they are a quality company we should all take at least a look at.
I'm sure they do, but RBH is unavailable up here in the Great White North. Anyone have knowledge of a retailer in the Golden Horseshoe?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, I didn't think it was that big a deal, just an observation.

I'm a little confused, isn't a forum a place to express opinion and hold open discussion? I didn't drag anyone through the mud, use foul language, display any hostility but was shut down. I wasn't even commenting on RBH.

Where would I post such a comment your Highness? Is there a list of comments AH deems acceptable?

I've got to be honest, it's the reason I haven't visited or posted in a while. Is it only regulars or buddies that get to express? :confused:
If it's not that big of a deal to you, then why do you keep trying to get it stirred up? This is what - the third time in a row you've attempted to drag this thing out, when quite frankly it's silly and the mods called you on it, plain and simple. I read the original thread where this whole thing started too, so don't play the innocent victim.

If you've been around long enough you'll see that there is no shortage of opinions and views expressed in a wide variety of manners. Those that hold some value or substance and are the ingredients of a worthy discussion are left to progress, while those that do not usually get torpedoed.

So again, let the RBH thing go - you can find plenty of reviews on other brands both on this site and all over the web to assist you based on availability in your area. Find out what is available in your area, then seek reviews on it, but better yet - just go listen to 'em yourself. It isn't the fault of AH that RBH doesn't exist in your area. :cool:

majorloser

majorloser

Please refer to rule #7:

7. No posting posts accusing or screaming at Audioholics, admins or the moderators UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR ABOUT ANY SUBJECT or, as another example, demanding answers if a "most favored poster" is banned. If you have a question, PM a moderator. If you start demanding to know "WHY???" on the forum where everyone on the Internet can see it, you'll get one opportunity to shut up, and then you will follow the "most favored poster." We are here to keep the forum running smoothly, not to play favorites, explain ourselves, or to exempt certain people from behavior that, if a newbie did it, would elicit screams of "Ban him!" from half the membership. If we do something, it's for a reason. If we make a mistake, we'll rectify it, but demanding answers in public will almost invariably make the entire moderator team annoyed at you and more determined NEVER to change the decision, so think before you do this.

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm late, to both this thread, and the one that was mentioned being locked.
So sorry if this was already mentioned.
I don't think there is any type of conspiracy going.
Just the willingness of some manufacturers, to send out their equipment out for review.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Finally the voice or reason. Hey Ricky, how's Joisy?? When you comin' down?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Finally the voice or reason. Hey Ricky, how's Joisy?? When you comin' down?
Hi Strat, hope all is well with you, and yours.
The wife and I will be in Orlando from May 7th until the 16th.
We'll also be down for the AH get together in Oct.
Hope to see you guys at one, or both of them.

Matt34

Matt34

Might want to do a little research before prematurely ending (that's what she said!) the thread. If you had taken the time to look at floorstanding reviews (not just bookshelf's), 7 out of 23 are RBH.

That's 30% or almost 1/3 of all Pro Review articles in case you don't have a calculator handy. I'd say that's a tad weighted.

I'm not commenting on RBH in any way, but there's a hell of a lot of speakers out there and RBH doesn't command 30% of the speaker market. However, this attitude against fair comment is a little dubyasturbing. AH was the last frontier of honesty and openness for AV, I hope that's not changing.

So relax and ease off the trigger a little there goderator. :D
So that's 10/55 then, big flipping deal. You've uncovered this conspiracy all by yourself.:rolleyes: Audioholics has also said they will review what people send them, RBH just happens to send more than others.

My reasoning for locking the last thread was that your started it right after Clint deleted your first one, so this is number three on the same subject after two mods already locked your previous two.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It occurs to me that Audiosouse is going to great lengths to bring light to nothing more than an observation, breaking rules, on the verge of being banned...etc

Let's cover something here though. Companies like RBH and Axiom offer to have Audioholics review their products. Why? you might ask. Well RBH does advertise here, and they do sell some of their speaker lines. RBH is well known at AH, so naturally RBH would like to appeal to people that already know of RBH's reputation. Axiom sells speakers online and they have a large following here at AH, so we see lots of that as well.

Of course every once in a while a company like Paradigm or JBL will request a review of AH just to spread the word about themselves. Companies like Paradigm have people everywhere reviewing their speakers, RBH not as much, and likely even lesser would be Axiom.

Fact is, AH is going to take what they can get. I don't blame them and I completely empathize with what they do review wise. It's not as if AH mag has the following of Stereophile and can review just any old thing they want. AH is new by audio review standards, at least near as I can tell.

I think it's time to give this three thread topic a rest.;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i must say that i understand AH's position on this. for example, i want subs from many manufacturers, but only one or two are willing to send subs my way (i'm paying of course) what can i do?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Just the idea that Audioholics may favor some brands in their reviews is far fetched, in my mind... We may, all of us have favorites, of course.... And there may be some brands that favor Audioholics and want to have their products reviewed there.

I can't see anything wrong anywhere, quite contrary

Audioholics reviews are balanced !!!!

Compare this to Stereophile that reviews something like 3 Musical Fidelity products in each issue :eek::eek:

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
They review what they can. I mean, they probably aren't getting sent speakers from the more well known brands. I'm sure they'd like to review a wider range of products, but, a lot of companies aren't going to send some forum speakers when people here have a pretty small budget (and are already convinced that certain ID brands are magical).

They review what they can. I don't see how this is a negative aspect of Audioholics at all. As they grow, the range of products they review will too.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
They review what they can. I mean, they probably aren't getting sent speakers from the more well known brands. I'm sure they'd like to review a wider range of products, but, a lot of companies aren't going to send some forum speakers when people here have a pretty small budget (and are already convinced that certain ID brands are magical).

They review what they can. I don't see how this is a negative aspect of Audioholics at all. As they grow, the range of products they review will too.
Pretty much a paraphrased version of what I was trying to get at. More people will read your post as it's more to the point.

Thank you.:)

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Pretty much a paraphrased version of what I was trying to get at. More people will read your post as it's more to the point.

Thank you.:)
Haha, I missed your post. I completely agree with you.

I have another point too...

Internet forums aren't taken very seriously by most manufacturers. In their view, forums are just massive collections of groupthink, with people clinging to certain brands and ideas, pushing/crediting inexpensive products while discrediting ones that cost more. Sometimes there are cheaper products that outperform, outdesign, outlive the more expensive ones, but, that's not always the case. Internet direct brands are marketing to people who want to spend less money, so for a manufacturer that is trying to get top dollar for their product (or requires top dollar to be profitable), it doesn't make sense to market to a bunch of people that are making a decision mostly on price. It's better to market the more expensive stuff to people who it doesn't matter if the speaker is 600 or 1600 each, or at least not as much. Some of us here might call those people suckers, but, we'd probably be suckers too if we could afford it.

The amount of money in marketing it would take to convince a forum like this that spending $3,000 or whatever on a pair of speakers is worthwhile, outweighs how much money they'd make. There are mid-cost speakers that are unbelievable, brands like Genelec, Triad, M&K (S-150s, SS's, etc), Dynaudio (Contour, Focus, even Audience series for that matter), Meridian (even their analog stuff is wicked, and not as expensive as the digital). But, for the most part, people on here don't have the money for them. Ignore my brand examples, I'm just trying to illustrate not say they are better or worse for the money.

Then you get into the "goofy" stuff like Stereophile shows. Now, this is where we leave the realm of people that are strickly looking for performance and enter a world where there is also an element of art. Most people can't really appreciate a Ferrari Enzo/Porsche GT/[insert what you like here] technically, but they can appreciate it artistically. This where stuff like Wilson Audio, Dynaudio's really high end gear, etc. comes in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis