RBH SV61R - What A Sexy Beast and she an sing her ass off

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
It's all in the title, I just wanted o show her off. A bit of audio eye candy. Damnit, it says picture or file to big, how can I make a picture smaller. I think I got it to small
Copy 2 SV61R.jpg
Copy 2 - 2.jpg

Last edited:
Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Yes sir, to me, they are way crazy awesome but I do sell for RBH so most would think I'd just say that no matter what lol -- but -- I know our ears are sorta like taste buds, some like salt and some like pepper.
I think we'd all love to at least hear most of the speakers we see lol but that would be very hard.

Thank you for your kind words

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yes sir, to me, they are way crazy awesome but I do sell for RBH so most would think I'd just say that no matter what lol -- but -- I know our ears are sorta like taste buds, some like salt and some like pepper.
I think we'd all love to at least hear most of the speakers we see lol but that would be very hard.

Thank you for your kind words
As a matter of fact, a few years ago I built bookshelf speakers, three pairs of them similar to those RBH RV61R models. Mines also use a 5¼ inch woofer and an AMT tweeter. They also sound amazing and they cost me about C$600 a pair to build.
I am using two pairs as surround and surround back speakers in my 7 channel HT system.
Here are a few pictures along with the crossovers that I conceived and built. I only used quality Solen caps and air core inductors:

DSCF1441(a).jpg
DSCF1181.jpg (reduced).jpg
DSCF1167.jpg (reduced).jpgDSCF1178.jpg (reduced).jpgDSCF1179.jpg (reduced).jpg

Attachments

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
that is awesome. My disability won't let me use my hands like that but I sure would if I could. Amazing job.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
As a matter of fact, a few years ago I built bookshelf speakers, three pairs of them similar to those RBH RV61R models. Mines also use a 5¼ inch woofer and an AMT tweeter. They also sound amazing and they cost me about C$600 a pair to build.
I am using two pairs as surround and surround back speakers in my 7 channel HT system.
Here are a few pictures along with the crossovers that I conceived and built. I only used quality Solen caps and air core inductors:

View attachment 27949View attachment 27953View attachment 27950View attachment 27951View attachment 27952
Never seen someone put an amt on the bottom!

Good stuff though, looks absolutely fantastic. Cabinets from Parts Express?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Never seen someone put an amt on the bottom!

Good stuff though, looks absolutely fantastic. Cabinets from Parts Express?
Yes, cabinets from Parts-Express. Thanks for your kind comments!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Verdinut
Nice photos of your speakers – clearly those of a DIY speaker builder – one or two views of the outside, and many views of the insides :).

@Morgan Audio
Beautiful finish on your new speakers. Enjoy them.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I am using AMTs in all the speakers in my 7 channel HT system and I am really pleased with their performance.

Some people don't like them but, IMO they are amazing. They provide a very wide horizontal dispersion with a resulting full front sound image even when only having the left and right cabinets operating. No matter where you sit in the room, there are no holes in the high frequency response.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
These are great speakers. I did a review of them a bit over a year ago. Easily the best AMT tweeter I have ever heard. These made me believe AMTs could be really good.
As you are already aware, I am using AM Ribbon tweeters in my HT system on all seven of them. They are the Airborne RT-4001 models. Both Meniscus Audio and Solen.ca sell those wonderful tweeters which are available for only $60.

Here are the frequency response curves for that driver which can compete with some costing multiples of their asking price:

Photo 1 is that supplied by Airborne

Photo 2 showing what was measured in my living room using the Dayton Omni MIC Speaker Testing device. A rather smooth frequency response from 2 to 20 kHz.
NOTE: Filter frequency between midrange and tweeter drivers is set at 3500 Hz.

Photo 3 is the left portion (LF section of the chart above and the corresponding SPL)

Attachments

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As you are already aware, I am using AM Ribbon tweeters in my HT system on all seven of them. They are the Airborne RT-4001 models. Both Meniscus Audio and Solen.ca sell those wonderful tweeters which sell for only $60.

Here are the frequency response curves for that driver which can compete with some costing multiples of their asking price:

Photo 1 is that supplied by Airborne

Photo 2 showing what was measured in my living room using the Dayton Omni MIC Speaker Testing device. A rather smooth frequency response from 2 to 20 kHz.
The 2nd graph either has a large vertical scale or it's smoothed or a bit of both.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The 2nd graph either has a large vertical scale or it's smoothed or a bit of both.
Hi Gene,
It's possible that it was smoothed a bit. The file is on one of my computers that is defective so I cannot confirm anything at present.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I've just added the LF portion of the 2nd graph showing the corresponding SPL (Post #16)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis