RBH Sound WM-24, WM-30, FM-45 M Series Loudspeaker System Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The WM-24s, WM-30 and FM-45s ability to play loud and clean - to a degree that only well-designed systems packed with well-designed drivers can do - was effectively showcased in my exhaustive listening sessions. With their ability to authentically reproduce the dynamics of a live music event, they successfully convey to an impressive degree a sense of the “liveness” and vibrancy in their musical reproduction. For those limited in floorspace and/or wanting a speaker system that will aesthetically match their new flat panel display, the M Series loudspeaker from RBH Sound should be on your list of products to audition. The system as a whole works very well together and blends seamlessly thanks to its excellent timber matching and system synergy.

Discuss " RBH Sound WM-24, WM-30, FM-45 M Series Loudspeaker System Review" here. Read the article.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
You might have put in the wrong SPL vs FREQ graphics. The ones there show roll offs at 70 hz & 10K hz. On the other hand, I can't recall another review that used the phrase "remains largely within +/- 3dB of that figure from about". It's usually "IS within +/- 3dB".

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You might have put in the wrong SPL vs FREQ graphics. The ones there show roll offs at 70 hz & 10K hz. On the other hand, I can't recall another review that used the phrase "remains largely within +/- 3dB of that figure from about". It's usually "IS within +/- 3dB".
Check the graphs again. Despite the dip at 10kHz, its still within +-3dB as Mark states. Its 3dB point is also around 45Hz on the low end as he states.

as for his choice of wording, hey he is Canadian, and they do things a little differently :)

G

GusTheBusJohnson

Audiophyte
Hello, I just recently got into home audio and stumbled upon these theyre in great condition. However as im sure you're aware they're over 10 years old. How much has audio technology advanced in the last 10 years? So much that its not worth keeping? I hope you're still semi active here. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope you have a happy new years!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As long as everything is in good condition, they should sound as good as many new speakers today.

Last edited:
G

GusTheBusJohnson

Audiophyte
As long as everything is in good condition, they should sound as good as many new speakers today.
Thanks so much for that response it helped me know i had decent speakers. Unfortunately I just had a few more concerns come up. In the OP he stated he used 10 gauge wire and bi amped the fm45s. How important is it i do that? I've read mixed things about wire. One being only the distance matters, another the speaker does too. I appreciate you taking your time to respond and going over spefecics for these speakers. Can I really just use lamp wire? If theres anything I can do to give you points for a great answer please let me know. Cheers, Have a good day

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks so much for that response it helped me know i had decent speakers. Unfortunately I just had a few more concerns come up. In the OP he stated he used 10 gauge wire and bi amped the fm45s. How important is it i do that? I've read mixed things about wire. One being only the distance matters, another the speaker does too. I appreciate you taking your time to respond and going over spefecics for these speakers. Can I really just use lamp wire? If theres anything I can do to give you points for a great answer please let me know. Cheers, Have a good day
It's not important to use 10 gauge wires or to bi-amp.

12 gauge or even 14 gauge is fine. I personally wouldn't use smaller wires - or lamp wires. You can get very inexpensive good speaker wires from Amazon these days.

Now if you want to have more control of the Woofers/Bass in your towers, you could bi-amp using a separate subwoofer amp - output the LFE from the AVR to the subwoofer amp, then connect the subwoofer amp to the bass speaker terminals (after removing the jumpers that connect the bass and the treble/mid). But you don't have to.

G

GusTheBusJohnson

Audiophyte
So I'm all about budget set ups. I just got my center which is a Bohlender Graebener z5 and I also got 2 z7 towers and a velodyne dls 3750R sub. I moved the FM-45s to my rear LR channels, I was able to get 1000 ft of 12awg monoprice speaker wire for 100$ (I'm all about good deals.) Now i actually do want more control of the woofers and my velodyne has an amp on the back of it. Would I be able to use that?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis