RBH Sound Owner's Thread

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
No, you definitely don't go from Pass to Crowns and EMO's. Haha. :D

Next questions:
1. How will the Amps that came with the SVTRS towers measure?

2. Who makes these amps?

3. Will RBH sell these amps separately. If yes, for how much?
I dumped Pass Labs amp long ago for the better performing Classe, Emotiva XPR1s (until they failed) and Anthem STR. RBH SVTRS comes with their own amp modules which are Pascal Class D. I do plan on measuring them at some point.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I dumped Pass Labs amp long ago for the better performing Classe, Emotiva XPR1s (until they failed) and Anthem STR. RBH SVTRS comes with their own amp modules which are Pascal Class D. I do plan on measuring them at some point.
Glad your doing better Gene, place wouldn’t be the same without our leader. ;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Gene I have to ask, if you really wanted You could fix that Emotiva amp uhu? Just asking

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Feeling a lot better but still in isolation until I test negative twice. It's been hard on the family just trying to do normal things with me locked away in my theater room.
Hang in there Gene everyone on here is praying and pulling for you and your family.

And thank you for while obviously not feeling well and your family going through so much stress taking the time to document your experiences with this virus to help benefit the rest of us

Your reaction is just a reflection of your character the same character and values behind why you wanted to create this site to help others who didn't have your experience in this hobby

I'm poorly putting into words what I feel that hopefully all of us feel is just how much you mean to us your friends and fellow audioholics how valued you and your family are to us. If there's anything you ever need from us all you gotta do is ask

God bless you and your family right now. And anyone else going through this

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I asked RBH this and most of the print magazines appear to want a big commitment in ad spend before their products get reviewed. I know sites like hometheaterreview.com have reviewed RBH in the past but they are still a relatively small company mostly driven by engineering than marketing.
Are they newer ? I’ve never heard of this brand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I see the RBH just increased the price of their speakers and subwoofers. The SV1212 subs are now over $3k and their top of the line sub is over $6K! I see they added about $2k more for the SVTR pair price. Going for almost $13K.

Any reason RBH decided to increase so much?
My god you could just find a massive driver and make a basic diy sub get more bang for your buck ... or buy monoprice monolithic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are they newer ? I’ve never heard of this brand ?
RBH has been around for 44 years now. But they don't advertise in magazines like Def Tech, Golden Ear, B&W, etc.

Have you heard of ATI amps? They've been around for over 40+ years also. But they don't advertise either.

Some companies just don't advertise much.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
My god you could just find a massive driver and make a basic diy sub get more bang for your buck ... or buy monoprice monolithic
Sure there's more bang for your buck out there, but there's a WHOLE lot more to it than simply slapping a few components together. And while those Monoprice subs certainly represent a great value, they're not even on the same level as far as cabinet construction goes.

The RBH sub is simply put, a premium tier product. Top notch drivers, top notch amp, top notch cabinet build quality (internally too), top notch fit and finish, and most importantly top notch sound quality. Oh yeah, and top notch product support! It's kind of the best of the best on all fronts. Thing's just on its own level.

I'm a bit of a fan if you can't tell. :D
I just wish I could afford one for MY OWN home. Haha. Someday... le sigh...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sure there's more bang for your buck out there, but there's a WHOLE lot more to it than simply slapping a few components together. And while those Monoprice subs certainly represent a great value, they're not even on the same level as far as cabinet construction goes.

The RBH sub is simply put, a premium tier product. Top notch drivers, top notch amp, top notch cabinet build quality (internally too), top notch fit and finish, and most importantly top notch sound quality. Oh yeah, and top notch product support! It's kind of the best of the best on all fronts. Thing's just on its own level.

I'm a bit of a fan if you can't tell. :D
I just wish I could afford one for MY OWN home. Haha. Someday... le sigh...
Since I just purchased RBH from Montucky and listened to speakers he owns from them at his place I can say he's spot on.

That sub is badass and Montucky until you can rebuild your own just come over luckily I'm like a block away in fact if your not busy this weekend I was going to invite you over just hit me up if your free

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I will also post pics once my new RBH system is up. :D

My front L & R towers will be about 8 ft apart.
Hey I wanted to ask you guys a question on the RBH thread hopefully you fellas know and then other owners could learn as well.

In my space I have 3 subs one of them being the RBH SV-1212PR which I have setup on the back

The front 2 subs where put in during the install they are on the unbalanced inputs

So I put the RBH on one of the balanced inputs I have the Anthem AVM 60

Anthem said you can run them just fine that way

My question is I noticed on the RBH when I use the XLR input it's not like the unbalanced where you just plug it into the LFE which automatically shuts off the crossover deferring to the Anthem

So I'm assuming when you plug in the XLR it doesn't do that I noticed on the back of the RBH it has on the crossover a way to turn it past 120hz to where it says OUT

I'm assuming that defeats the crossover deferring to the Anthem as well

Where I'm concerned is if I'm calibrating when you have the crossover in that position or above 80hz as it gets closer to 120hz it sounds pretty nasty I believe that's the sub playing the calibration tone at that crossover levels frequency

However when I put a movie on it sounds fine which means to me the out switch that I have it one is working correctly

I just don't know why the test tone is so off

Do I have the sub set up correctly?

I just want to make sure I set it up right any feedback from RBH sub owners is appreciated

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey I wanted to ask you guys a question on the RBH thread hopefully you fellas know and then other owners could learn as well.

In my space I have 3 subs one of them being the RBH SV-1212PR which I have setup on the back

The front 2 subs where put in during the install they are on the unbalanced inputs

So I put the RBH on one of the balanced inputs I have the Anthem AVM 60

Anthem said you can run them just fine that way

My question is I noticed on the RBH when I use the XLR input it's not like the unbalanced where you just plug it into the LFE which automatically shuts off the crossover deferring to the Anthem

So I'm assuming when you plug in the XLR it doesn't do that I noticed on the back of the RBH it has on the crossover a way to turn it past 120hz to where it says OUT

I'm assuming that defeats the crossover deferring to the Anthem as well

Where I'm concerned is if I'm calibrating when you have the crossover in that position or above 80hz as it gets closer to 120hz it sounds pretty nasty I believe that's the sub playing the calibration tone at that crossover levels frequency

However when I put a movie on it sounds fine which means to me the out switch that I have it one is working correctly

I just don't know why the test tone is so off

Do I have the sub set up correctly?

I just want to make sure I set it up right any feedback from RBH sub owners is appreciated
I just sent Brian at RBH this question.

I always use subs with EXTERNAL amp/EQ. So I don’t know about their subs that have Internal amp.

On the RBH external Sub Amp (SA-500DSP) whether you use the LFE Input or Line-Input (XLR) you can select either “SUB” mode (this uses the XO/EQ of the SA-500DSP) or “LFE” mode (this uses the XO/EQ of the pre-pro).

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I just sent Brian at RBH this question.

I always use subs with EXTERNAL amp/EQ. So I don’t know about their subs that have Internal amp.

On the RBH external Sub Amp (SA-500DSP) whether you use the LFE Input or Line-Input (XLR) you can select either “SUB” mode (this uses the XO/EQ of the SA-500DSP) or “LFE” mode (this uses the XO/EQ of the pre-pro).
Thanks!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks!!!
Brian said that the XLR Input is only for "LFE".

I asked him a follow-up question to verify that this means the XLR Input is only for the Pre-pro to do all the XO/EQ (the Sub does not do any XO/EQ).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Brian responded to my F/U question.

The current 1212PR sub:

1. XLR Input uses the AVR's XO/EQ.
2. RCA Input uses the Sub's XO/EQ.

This is different from the External Sub Amp (SA-500DSP), which allows the user a more control.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Brian responded to my F/U question.

The current 1212PR sub:

1. XLR Input uses the AVR's XO/EQ.
2. RCA Input uses the Sub's XO/EQ.

This is different from the External Sub Amp (SA-500DSP), which allows the user a more control.
Do you have any news regarding their amps they used for the new SVTR's?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you have any news regarding their amps they used for the new SVTR's?
Maybe Shane Rich will know the detail specs in these amps.

Brian said RBH is planning on selling these amps as standalone units (these are the same amps powering the reference $45,000 active RBH towers). Will be interesting to see how they compete with Monoprice, Outlaw, Emo, etc.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Specs on the new RBH Pascal Class D Amps that are used for the new $45K RBH SVTRS active towers. Looks like the amp modules range from 250 Watts (8 ohms) to 1500 Watts (4 ohms).

Model 6α:
1500W x 2 (Woofer) (4 Ohm load)
500W x 2 (Midrange) (4 Ohm load)
250W x 2 (Tweeter) (8 Ohm load)

Model 8α:
500W x 1 (Woofer) (4 Ohm load)
250W x 1 (Tweeter) (8 Ohm load)

· Output Circuitry: UMAC™ Class D - full bandwidth PWM modulator with ultra-low distortion

· Signal To Noise-Ratio > 120 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz)

· THD+N (typical) < 0.09 % (20 Hz - 20 kHz @ rated power)

· Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-0.25 dB)

· Damping Factor > 1000 (1 kHz and below)

More info on Pascal Amp modules:

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Specs on the new RBH Pascal Class D Amps that are used for the new $45K RBH SVTRS active towers. Looks like the amp modules range from 250 Watts (8 ohms) to 1500 Watts (4 ohms).

Model 6α:
1500W x 2 (Woofer) (4 Ohm load)
500W x 2 (Midrange) (4 Ohm load)
250W x 2 (Tweeter) (8 Ohm load)

Model 8α:
500W x 1 (Woofer) (4 Ohm load)
250W x 1 (Tweeter) (8 Ohm load)

· Output Circuitry: UMAC™ Class D - full bandwidth PWM modulator with ultra-low distortion

· Signal To Noise-Ratio > 120 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz)

· THD+N (typical) < 0.09 % (20 Hz - 20 kHz @ rated power)

· Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-0.25 dB)

· Damping Factor > 1000 (1 kHz and below)

More info on Pascal Amp modules:
Thank you for getting that info. Will be waiting patiently to find out more when they finally release them. Prices and total specs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis