RBH Sound Owner's Thread

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Don't forget about the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow. The opening sequence of Spectre is good. Just a couple to add to the list.
Oh yeah thanks also that scene in pulse as well man I thought today would never get here!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I like the original Pacific Rim from 2013 where they battle the monsters in the city. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Since I just found it for another post ...
Here is a site with some links to various sub tests:
Just start the volume low and ease it up to make sure you don't get into a dangerous (to your equipment) situation before you understand what is happening!

Note: I have not yet spent time with these links, so am not vouching for the quality of the tests, but it looks pretty good as a "fat, dumb, and happy" approach that doesn't require a large learning curve to evaluate your system/subs!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Since I just found it for another post ...
Here is a site with some links to various sub tests:
Just start the volume low and ease it up to make sure you don't get into a dangerous (to your equipment) situation before you understand what is happening!

Note: I have not yet spent time with these links, so am not vouching for the quality of the tests, but it looks pretty good as a "fat, dumb, and happy" approach that doesn't require a large learning curve to evaluate your system/subs!
This is a good site. I’ve used it before. One that has been taken down is the Philips golden ear challenge. It takes you through various levels of testing your listening acuity. Here’s an article describing it. I am soooo disappointing that they removed it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You know you have the bass dialed in when the bass sounds great while watching “Howards End” from Starz. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh a another one. Grenade scene from world war Z. Awesome!!!!!

And the first explosion in the opening chapter of the hurt locker. Both of those should pressurize your faces!!! And feces...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay just started a thread in the subs section regarding the outcome looking 4ward to your feedback on what we did!

Thanks again To @Montucky I had a blast an absolute blast doing this with you today

Couldnt have done this with a better person really looking forward to having you and your family over here at times for some fun times!

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Okay just started a thread in the subs section regarding the outcome looking 4ward to your feedback on what we did!

Thanks again To @Montucky I had a blast an absolute blast doing this with you today

Couldnt have done this with a better person really looking forward to having you and your family over here at times for some fun times!
Hear hear! Had a great time hanging out with you and your fantastic theater. I haven't checked out the new thread yet (headed over there now), but I at least wanted to report to our friends here that the RBH SV-1212P/R performed MARVELOUSLY with the existing SVS subs. Quite the trio of rockstar subs in that room. Thanks for having me over! Can't wait to hang out over there more! I still can't believe you live just down the street from me. So wild!

Thanks for buying the sub. I am so thrilled to see it go to a good home. Even better is that it's not out of my life forever! I thought I was going to cry having to give her up for adoption, but now I get to spend more time with her at your theater. Can't tell you how much joy that brings me. Haha.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hear hear! Had a great time hanging out with you and your fantastic theater. I haven't checked out the new thread yet (headed over there now), but I at least wanted to report to our friends here that the RBH SV-1212P/R performed MARVELOUSLY with the existing SVS subs. Quite the trio of rockstar subs in that room. Thanks for having me over! Can't wait to hang out over there more! I still can't believe you live just down the street from me. So wild!

Thanks for buying the sub. I am so thrilled to see it go to a good home. Even better is that it's not out of my life forever! I thought I was going to cry having to give her up for adoption, but now I get to spend more time with her at your theater. Can't tell you how much joy that brings me. Haha.
Man you are welcome anytime your missing her I got you! I'm really looking forward to a lot of good times with you over here. It still blows me away how close we live by each other.

It's so nice to have a fellow member right by me I can get carried away with this hobby of ours all my friends and family just look brain dead every time I talk audio. Man we were up there for 4 hours just testing away the time just flew because we were having so much fun!

I'm really looking forward to all the future plans we talked about

P.S. My family is only here for part of the year so I'm looking forward to when we can get in there and really let that room rip! Hit me up anytime on the weekends you feel like doing something audio I'm always down!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Well fellers, it would seem that my life is going to get far more interesting. I’ve been invited to join RBH (makes sense, I’m out there enough). I’ve been out of work since 2012. I have no idea if the back will take the day to day, so we’ll just see. I’m a 20 year network engineer by trade. I’ve extensive experience in support via phone/dial-in or on site.

if you call, I’ll probably be answering.
That's great to hear. I hope that your back is up to the task.

For some reason, I thought that you already worked for them!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL straight or a little bit over enthused about the gear? Not that RBH probably considers that a bad thing, but personally I find it off-putting.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if @gene will be measuring his new RBH SVTRS fully Active Towers?

I assume Gene is almost 100% back from the COVID-19 battle.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

I’m sure Gene has his new RBH speaker’s hooked up to some test gear he has time to do it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m sure Gene has his new RBH speaker’s hooked up to some test gear he has time to do it.
True. Probably be the Yamaha CX-A5200 pre-pro with the SVTRS. Since these speakers are 100% Active speakers that come with their own External XO and Amps, Gene won't be using any of his other amps (like Pass Labs). Or will he still use his Pass Labs? :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
True. Probably be the Yamaha CX-A5200 pre-pro with the SVTRS. Since these speakers are 100% Active speakers that come with their own External XO and Amps, Gene won't be using any of his other amps (like Pass Labs). Or will he still use his Pass Labs? :D
I’m all most 100% sure Gene won’t be using any Crown amps :p;). Nothing Emotiva for sure that would be sacrilege!!:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m all most 100% sure Gene won’t be using any Crown amps :p;). Nothing Emotiva for sure that would be sacrilege!!:D
No, you definitely don't go from Pass to Crowns and EMO's. Haha. :D

Next questions:
1. How will the Amps that came with the SVTRS towers measure?

2. Who makes these amps?

3. Will RBH sell these amps separately. If yes, for how much?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No, you definitely don't go from Pass to Crowns and EMO's. Haha. :D

Next questions:
1. How will the Amps that came with the SVTRS towers measure?

2. Who makes these amps?

3. Will RBH sell these amps separately. If yes, for how much?
oh yeah! I didn’t think of that, who makes their amps ?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Feeling a lot better but still in isolation until I test negative twice. It's been hard on the family just trying to do normal things with me locked away in my theater room.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis