RBH Sound Owner's Thread

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Nice set up but depending on the distance your sitting away from those speakers, you should consider spreading them further apart. It will really open up the sound.
Gene. I am wondering what you thought of the bass on the SX-6300/R when you reviewed them.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene. I am wondering what you thought of the bass on the SX-6300/R when you reviewed them.
I didn't review the 6300s. I think David Waratuke did. I did get to hear the 8300/R at CEDIA twice. RBH actually configured the bass drivers as dedicated subs run to separate amps connected to the sub out of their processor. I was skeptical that those drivers could do the job in such a large room but boy was I wrong. RBH had that room shaking with bass as if they had a pair of 1010/R's in the room. Impressive!

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Mine have a tremendous amount of bass.. Fantastic is all I can come up with.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't review the 6300s. I think David Waratuke did. I did get to hear the 8300/R at CEDIA twice. RBH actually configured the bass drivers as dedicated subs run to separate amps connected to the sub out of their processor. I was skeptical that those drivers could do the job in such a large room but boy was I wrong. RBH had that room shaking with bass as if they had a pair of 1010/R's in the room. Impressive!
Yeah, Shane Rich said the trio of 8" woofers in each SX-8300 is about equivalent to the dual 10" woofers in each SX-1010 sub.

When I first heard the pair of RBH T2 towers (has 1010-sub as bass), I owned the Def Tech BP7000SC (14" built-on subs, 1,800W amp) plus the Def Tech Trinity Sub (2000W amp, 2 x 14" woofers, 4 x 14" radiators).

And I just could not believe the bass that came from the pair of RBH T2s. I was seeing it, but I still couldn't believe how it kicked the crap out of the bass from my Def Tech setup. It wasn't just about sheer output. It was the output plus the quality of the bass. That was really the end of the Def Tech reign in my house. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That is really cool. And thanks a bunch for this information. This would come in handy for a little less or more bass if called upon.
I would get the ATI AT1202 amp for $680 shipped new (our friend) or b-stock for $600 + s/h on CAP. It is rated for 180W into 4 ohm @ 0.03% THD, so 1% THD would be closer to 300W, which I think is perfect for the SX-6300/R because the SX-6300/R is rated for a max of 350W.

It does have 12V trigger and gain/volume control for each of the Ch. It is not as convenient as having the volume control in the front, but it is an "arc welder" amp. :D I think it would be great for active bi-amp of the SX-6300/R.

So AT2002 for mid/treble and AT1202 for bass.

http://www.ati-amp.com/AT1202.php

http://rbhsound.com/sx6300r.php

Last edited:
crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Oh snap moderator.... I'm buying RBH to get my name in red:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh snap moderator.... I'm buying RBH to get my name in red:D
It's like when Univ. of Okla made me adjunct professor. :eek: Now I have to be all grown up. :D

With great powers.....comes great great responsibility. :D

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I noticed that with my T2's, I rarely actually NEED to use my rythmik's. The L/R provide more than enough bass, especially in my fairly small room. But when I really want to feel explosions, I have everything turned on. My T2's are bi-amped, using the SA-400 amps from RBH...

The midrange woofers in mine are beryllium, not that I can really hear much difference between the two. I didn't have a chance to hear them back and forth, but the beryllium makes it seem like it should be better anyway - afterall, it's in their SA lineup... :)

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
this thread should get fun in about three months when you have 47 rbh speakers in your house

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
this thread should get fun in about three months when you have 47 rbh speakers in your house
more like 64. He wants to run FULL ATMOS with all T2 speakers! :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
more like 64. He wants to run FULL ATMOS with all T2 speakers! :)
LOL. Actually, for me RBH is all about larger than life excitement meets sensible sound. :D

I'm not willing to place ATMOS in this category yet. Only time will tell. :D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I would get the ATI AT1202 amp for $680 shipped new (our friend) or b-stock for $600 + s/h on CAP. It is rated for 180W into 4 ohm @ 0.03% THD, so 1% THD would be closer to 300W, which I think is perfect for the SX-6300/R because the SX-6300/R is rated for a max of 350W.

It does have 12V trigger and gain/volume control for each of the Ch. It is not as convenient as having the volume control in the front, but it is an "arc welder" amp. :D I think it would be great for active bi-amp of the SX-6300/R.

So AT2002 for mid/treble and AT1202 for bass.

AT1202 Two-Channel Amplifier

Tower Speaker: RBH SX-6300/R
Great info. Wouldn't I get the same effect from using my P5 's crossover and add the Rythmik sub? This way it takes away some of the boomy bass that I hear with my towers if I cross them correctly.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
LOL. Actually, for me RBH is all about larger than life excitement meets sensible sound. :D
ADTG, I'm a little curious about 5x premier towers in your system. I'm guessing L/C/R and L&R Surrounds.
It's a far cry from SX-T2P/Rs, but I did 4x Aperion Verus Grand Towers. Didn't do one for the center. (I suppose you would need an accoustically transparant video screen behind which a center tower would go?) I've found I almost always just use the fronts for music, (stereo). For movies, it seems surround doesn't even begin to exercise the Grand Towers.

In my case, it only cost $1k/each for the surround towers. (The RBH's are a little more. ;) ) I'm curious how you will place the Center, and how you will use the surrounds.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG, I'm a little curious about 5x premier towers in your system. I'm guessing L/C/R and L&R Surrounds.
It's a far cry from SX-T2P/Rs, but I did 4x Aperion Verus Grand Towers. Didn't do one for the center. (I suppose you would need an accoustically transparant video screen behind which a center tower would go?) I've found I almost always just use the fronts for music, (stereo). For movies, it seems surround doesn't even begin to exercise the Grand Towers.

In my case, it only cost $1k/each for the surround towers. (The RBH's are a little more. ;) ) I'm curious how you will place the Center, and how you will use the surrounds.
1. Center 61" Tower placement. Center SX-T2P/R tower will be right there vertically in the middle between Left & Right. No transparent screen. Unlike most people (which is my mantra :D), I use loungers in my HT room. So I'm not sitting up. My entire body from head to toe is comfortably lying down on memory foam, my head is relaxing on a comfy plush pillow. When I'm relaxing on my back, I'm looking up to watch. When I'm tired, I just fall asleep like I'm lying in my comfy bed. :D So my screen is currently 61" above the ground. The SX-T2 is about 61" tall (will not be using clamps).

2. Surrounds full range towers. The beauty with the RBH towers (6300, 8300, T2, T3, 30T, 8T) is that when you remove the jumper cables, they become 2 completely separate speakers. Thus, you can actively bi-amp each tower's bass using LFE/Sub output from your processor. So the 2 surround towers will effectuate as separate monitors + subwoofers. Thus, 5 RBH towers = 5 subwoofers around the room, including surround.

With most passive towers, the surround full range surround speakers will be mainly wasted as you and I have observed with our own experiences. The surround and center speaker rarely get any LFE, with the few rare cases from 5.1 music. The front L, R, and Subs often get all the LFE.

But 5 RBH towers = 5 subwoofers. So nothing is wasted. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Great info. Wouldn't I get the same effect from using my P5 's crossover and add the Rythmik sub? This way it takes away some of the boomy bass that I hear with my towers if I cross them correctly.
You could experiment with the XO settings. But my intuition tells me you'll still be getting double bass (SX-6300/R + Rythmik), which would give you MORE bass even if you set the XO to 200Hz.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
1. Center 61" Tower placement. Center SX-T2P/R tower will be right there vertically in the middle between Left & Right. No transparent screen. Unlike most people (which is my mantra :D), I use loungers in my HT room. So I'm not sitting up. My entire body from head to toe is comfortably lying down on memory foam, my head is relaxing on a comfy plush pillow. When I'm relaxing on my back, I'm looking up to watch. When I'm tired, I just fall asleep like I'm lying in my comfy bed. :D So my screen is currently 61" above the ground. The SX-T2 is about 61" tall (will not be using clamps).

2. Surrounds full range towers. The beauty with the RBH towers (6300, 8300, T2, T3, 30T, 8T) is that when you remove the jumper cables, they become 2 completely separate speakers. Thus, you can actively bi-amp each tower's bass using LFE/Sub output from your processor. So the 2 surround towers will effectuate as separate monitors + subwoofers. Thus, 5 RBH towers = 5 subwoofers around the room, including surround.

With most passive towers, the surround full range surround speakers will be mainly wasted as you and I have observed with our own experiences. The surround and center speaker rarely get any LFE, with the few rare cases from 5.1 music. The front L, R, and Subs often get all the LFE.

But 5 RBH towers = 5 subwoofers. So nothing is wasted. :D
Let's hope your seating position isn't in a null so those 5 subs aren't wasted:D . How are the vertical center and the mains configured to reach your ear height optimally? While laying down?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Let's hope your seating position isn't in a null so those 5 subs aren't wasted:D . How are the vertical center and the mains configured to reach your ear height optimally? While laying down?
Great horizontal and vertical off-axis. Amazing sound even when I am LYING down (not laying down :)). Superb bass response all around. Can't complain. Life is good. :D

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Great horizontal and vertical off-axis. Amazing sound even when I am LYING down (not laying down :)). Superb bass response all around. Can't complain. Life is good. :D
If it's not to much trouble, after you get them setup can you post an in room response from your laying, lying, posh position?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If it's not to much trouble, after you get them setup can you post an in room response from your laying, lying, posh position?
I'm more interested in spending my time enjoying my movies and music with my wife than spending my time measuring my room. ;)

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
No worries just asked. Maybe take a few minutes from posting about them to do it. I'm just curious of about your setup that's all ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis