RBH Sound Owner's Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The SVT towers are truly beauty and the beast. Beautiful aesthetic. Exceptional performance for giant tweeter, massage 8” x 3 midrange, and awesome dual 12” woofers. Extremely dynamic. And prices people can still afford.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Today we will look at the RBH Sound 61/AX active speaker system. Active bookshelf speakers are a growing and competitive genre, and RBH is no stranger. The 61/AXs are a prime example of what is possible with today’s new digital DSPs with fully active crossovers and 400 watts of built in amplification for each speaker for pristine, dynamic sound quality as a nearfield monitor or hi-fi 2CH system.

rbh-61ax.jpg

Read: RBH Sound 61/AX Monitor Review

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Today we will look at the RBH Sound 61/AX active speaker system. Active bookshelf speakers are a growing and competitive genre, and RBH is no stranger. The 61/AXs are a prime example of what is possible with today’s new digital DSPs with fully active crossovers and 400 watts of built in amplification for each speaker for pristine, dynamic sound quality as a nearfield monitor or hi-fi 2CH system.

View attachment 63929

Read: RBH Sound 61/AX Monitor Review
Great review thanks. Positive feedback on listening and the measurements look good. I’m interested in trying speakers with AMT tweeters. Have seen mixed reviews. Want something that’s not too bright or boosted on the high end But not so laid back as to sound flat. Like most listeners I want it all lol.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Livestream tonight with our friends at RBH Sound at 8:30pm EST:

New products, existing awesome products on demo for their open house tomorrow and much more...

K

KollyKibber

Enthusiast
I'd actually be really interested in the 61/AX Monitor but my God, they are so ugly! If they put some time and money into how they look, or if someone else does, I would be on-board.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up a pair of RBH Elite Towers with matching center speaker.
Not new but look as good as new. Drivers are in pristine condition.
No nicks or scratches on the speaker cabinets, grills are in pristine condition.

Out rigger feet solid, all caps for spikes are there.
Happy to get ahold of these bad boys!
Very nice Inner detail, wide sound stage these get really loud
Clean sound stage no matter what volume I've tried, snappy solid bass.
Speaking of pictures, I just went to the RBH website and saw one of my old pictures. Ah, the good old days. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd actually be really interested in the 61/AX Monitor but my God, they are so ugly! If they put some time and money into how they look, or if someone else does, I would be on-board.
I mean you prefer the speakers to be more CURVY? or just the colors/finishes?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Speaking of pictures, I just went to the RBH website and saw one of my old pictures. Ah, the good old days. :D

That's it? that's a newb setup. Shoot, this guy who knows a guy, his kid's friend Bob, his cousin twice removed who is like 10 years old, has this same setup for his room. Just saying... :p :p :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You were single then huh :)Edit: That's a Beast Mode setup. Bet you made a whole bunch of sales just from that photo alone. Look it at! It screams gotta have it!
That was at my previous house before I moved to the new big house with the COW in the front yard! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's it? that's a newb setup. Shoot, this guy who knows a guy, his kid's friend Bob, his cousin twice removed who is like 10 years old, has this same setup for his room. Just saying... :p :p :cool:
Yeah, well, I bet he doesn't have a COW in his front lawn!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Picked up a pair of RBH Elite Towers with matching center speaker.
Not new but look as good as new. Drivers are in pristine condition.
No nicks or scratches on the speaker cabinets, grills are in pristine condition.

Out rigger feet solid, all caps for spikes are there.
Happy to get ahold of these bad boys!
Very nice Inner detail, wide sound stage these get really loud
Clean sound stage no matter what volume I've tried, snappy solid bass.

View attachment 64349

Stock photo, will post up photo of speakers in my system soon.

View attachment 64355

View attachment 64357
Excellent!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
RBH has released their more-affordable 3rd Generation Impression speaker series. The 85-i 44"-tall tower retails only $995/pair and comes with magnetic grilles.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

RBH has released their more-affordable 3rd Generation Impression speaker series. The 85-i 44"-tall tower retails only $995/pair and comes with magnetic grilles.

I was just looking at their website a couple days ago for floorstanders, but the cheapest thing was $4k/PR. Made me miss EMP. These look interesting!!

Edit: that 100hz XO from the mid to the Woofer seems low and will make integration with your AVR bass management a little tricky.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was just looking at their website a couple days ago for floorstanders, but the cheapest thing was $4k/PR. Made me miss EMP. These look interesting!!

Edit: that 100hz XO from the mid to the Woofer seems low and will make integration with your AVR bass management a little tricky.
The RBH 6500 and 8300 towers also have the 100Hz XO point - for probably over 15 years now.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis