RBH Modular Towers T2/R

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I’ve been a long time RBH fan. I started with a pair of 816, then 8 pair of varied MC series, Signature Classic, several SV, and now, the big bada boom, the giant, the heavy T series.

I’ve been powering my set with a best in class Pioneer VSX-59TXI, and for the lower subs, I have two outstanding RBH SA-400 Amps. The receiver is roughly 2x220 watts in 4 ohm. I have them installed 10” from the wall, 9 feet apart and slightly toe’d in 20 degrees.

I listen to everything from my era, the ‘70s to current artists. I really like pipe organ as well as classical, big band and so on.

The image these project is remarkable. I’ve been a fan of one artist known for amazing recordings. When I listened to familiar selections, I could hear slight background noise like violin bows clicking, breathing. I became a person sitting in the session. You don’t listen to a speaker, your listening to the artist unaware of the speaker it’s self. They seem to resize the very boundaries of the room.

Crap recordings sound like crap. These reveal the quality of your source material like nothing I’ve ever used in the past. They will give you the very best possible sound that your ancillary equipment can produce. That’s not always the case. The low end, using the excellent RBH sub amps and the 10” reference woofers is a thrill ride....like a theme park. Bass heavy selections will send your body into a strange physical experience with the huge waves produced. Even cooler, you can still feel these subtle waves at a low volume. It’s a pleasure to hear and feel this quality in the room.

The construction of the cabinets are first rate woodworking. I been inside them. They are rock solid. The other components used for the woofers, tweeters and the crossovers are all the best in the business. The knowledge of their engineering staff is freakish (go Aggies). From the owner, through every single employee, they not only want to be the best, but the best value out there.

ive never heard better

Attachments

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I’ve been a long time RBH fan. I started with a pair of 816, then 8 pair of varied MC series, Signature Classic, several SV, and now, the big bada boom, the giant, the heavy T series.

I’ve been powering my set with a best in class Pioneer VSX-59TXI, and for the lower subs, I have two outstanding RBH SA-400 Amps. The receiver is roughly 2x220 watts in 4 ohm. I have them installed 10” from the wall, 9 feet apart and slightly toe’d in 20 degrees.

I listen to everything from my era, the ‘70s to current artists. I really like pipe organ as well as classical, big band and so on.

The image these project is remarkable. I’ve been a fan of one artist known for amazing recordings. When I listened to familiar selections, I could hear slight background noise like violin bows clicking, breathing. I became a person sitting in the session. You don’t listen to a speaker, your listening to the artist unaware of the speaker it’s self. They seem to resize the very boundaries of the room.

Crap recordings sound like crap. These reveal the quality of your source material like nothing I’ve ever used in the past. They will give you the very best possible sound that your ancillary equipment can produce. That’s not always the case. The low end, using the excellent RBH sub amps and the 10” reference woofers is a thrill ride....like a theme park. Bass heavy selections will send your body into a strange physical experience with the huge waves produced. Even cooler, you can still feel these subtle waves at a low volume. It’s a pleasure to hear and feel this quality in the room.

The construction of the cabinets are first rate woodworking. I been inside them. They are rock solid. The other components used for the woofers, tweeters and the crossovers are all the best in the business. The knowledge of their engineering staff is freakish (go Aggies). From the owner, through every single employee, they not only want to be the best, but the best value out there.

ive never heard better
CoryW, have you checked out the RBH SI-831R In-Walls? Or other In-Wall models from them? I'm really interested in those for a future HT build.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I have seen them. I only live three miles from their headquarters. I got into my reference stuff for penny’s in the dollar. A full T3/R where I have the best amps they ever made. I bet I haven’t spent $3.5k for everything reference 5.1 in two rooms. I am a disabled engineer and not functioning due to botched fusion. I could never justify the cost. Plus, I have my JBL L5, L3 and L46, one sub, two pair RBH bookshelves in the closet. I think I’m done now. My kids will get these. Also, I am a huge fan of the Scan Speak 9500 tweeters. The AMT tweeters have there pluses, but they are to bright for me. Shane ordered some filters in that hook in to my existing. It drops them to a better level, but I just love that scan speak. They are so silky smooth with amazing dispersion qualities.

I would love to play with an 8” driver from them. They look awesome in their new studio monitors. They may do a bookshelf sometime.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I have seen them. I only live three miles from their headquarters. I got into my reference stuff for penny’s in the dollar. A full T3/R where I have the best amps they ever made. I bet I haven’t spent $3.5k for everything reference 5.1 in two rooms. I am a disabled engineer and not functioning due to botched fusion. I could never justify the cost. Plus, I have my JBL L5, L3 and L46, one sub, two pair RBH bookshelves in the closet. I think I’m done now. My kids will get these. Also, I am a huge fan of the Scan Speak 9500 tweeters. The AMT tweeters have there pluses, but they are to bright for me. Shane ordered some filters in that hook in to my existing. It drops them to a better level, but I just love that scan speak. They are so silky smooth with amazing dispersion qualities.

I would love to play with an 8” driver from them. They look awesome in their new studio monitors. They may do a bookshelf sometime.
That's pretty damn cheap for all that equipment. That's nice to find that stuff for cheaper. I try and keep my eyes open for great deals. Where I live in the Midwest, not a lot of stuff goes up for sale and when it does people charge way too much. I browse Audiogon a lot. Can find some good deals on there once in a while. That's where i found my Outlaw 5000 amp. Got that for a good deal. I keep my eye on Best Buy for some deals. I was able to shave off $1500 on my B&W 7.3's. Which basically paid for the 3rd speaker for my LCR. If you work with the right Magnolia Rep, they can always find sale prices.

I know Gene on Audioholics raves about RBH. That's what really drew my interest. When I was watching his youtube channel when he was at CEDIA 2019 and visited the RBH booth. I have found a small home theater company in my neck of the woods that carries RBH products, but I highly doubt they'll have what i'm looking for. I can only hope they have a few tower speakers there that I could listen to, to get a taste of how well they sound.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis