RBH In-walls for home theater

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I would like to use the new SI-831R's for my front L/C/R's and then fill in the rest with SI-6100's and SI-663's and Atmos speakers. My question is, will there be a huge difference in sound going with the silk dome tweeter models vs the AMT tweeter models for the sides and surrounds?

I've tried looking up prices for the 6100's and 663's and the R-models are costing quite a bit more than my front three speakers. I'm finding $3500+/each for 6100R and around $2500/each for the 663R's. If there is going to be a significant sound difference between the models I will just stick with all speakers having the AMT tweeters, if not, the price drops quite a bit if you go with the silk dome tweeter models.

I'm trying to keep my speaker budget under $16k if i can help it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My SVT towers have the AMT tweeters. My SX-T2/R towers have the Silk tweeters.

In general, I do like to keep all the drivers the same/similar.

But I doubt if I could hear the difference in sound. Accurate sound is accurate sound.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If I'm doing all in-walls, I would just get SI-831 all around everywhere. And while I'm at it, might as well get the SI-831 for my ceiling Atmos speakers too (7.1.4). :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If I'm doing all in-walls, I would just get SI-831 all around everywhere. And while I'm at it, might as well get the SI-831 for my ceiling Atmos speakers too (7.1.4). :D
Haha, minus using them for ceiling speakers, the thought crossed my mind to get 7 of them to place around the room. I don't want my sides and surrounds to cost more than my front 3.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Haha, minus using them for ceiling speakers, the thought crossed my mind to get 7 of them to place around the room. I don't want my sides and surrounds to cost more than my front 3.
I think having identical speakers is the way to go.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you think the ceilings need to match the bed channels?
No. Don't NEED.

You don't need identical bed speakers either.

It's not about need. It's about WANT. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis