Raven Design Studios

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They've been around as long as I've been building speakers. They used to be known mainly for their ribbon tweets. I did a monitor with one about 15 years ago. Very nice. I don't know anything about their cone drivers.
I'm working on modeling my first subwoofer, now. I chose Soundeasy, and the learning curve is a bit steep. Another thread made me start looking at some weird Subs, and I remembered seeing photos of some monster SonoTube builds, the kind that make the Pass Labs/First Watt build look like a toy. :oops: :rolleyes:

Anyway... I also was remembering the Bossobass option to buy 8 of one of their dual-opposed 15" models for stacking!...

And then I found Raven Design. ;) (sorry... stream of consiousness here as we sit in SIP.)

Indeed. A cool story. The Line Source driver is very intriguing for the range and response. Reminds me a bit of the BG Planar in the Phil 3 (in terms of the range potential that is).

That ribbon tweeter, the Point Source, is very interesting, too. How do you think it would comapare to the 70mm Raals?

The subwoofers look like they are too high in QTS for a TL build. My understanding is .35-.4 is much more ideal. Oh yes... and the cost! Whoops. *blushes

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis