Rant: OpticsPlanet.com

Matt34

Matt34

Ok, my time to vent. I ordered a pair of Blackhawk combat boots through them on 6/26. They arrived 7/04 and when I opened the package they were the wrong color(Marine colors), not the desert tan that I ordered. I pulled the receipt out and it had another persons name on it. So I go online and email them telling them the situation, I get two auto replies saying I need to fill out a RMA.
I proceed to write them again explaining I can't fill out a RMA because the order number and customer ID number are not for my order(just out of curiousity I tried using them and they came back to the guy on the reciept and he too also returned his order due to the boots being the wrong color?:rolleyes:)
The emails that followed:

Dear Matt,
The order# you provided, #XXXXXX, is for an order for XXXX XXXXX. However, when I pull the order up in our system, it shows that it was returned over a month ago and a refund was issued. On that order, Mr. XXXXXX stated he received a dark blue color boots, which he returned, and we gave him a full refund. Please double check the order# on the package.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to assist you
!

So apparently I can't read a reciept. So I wrote back:

That is what I've been trying to tell you. Not only did you send me the wrong style of boots but you sent me someone else's reciept.

I've scanned a copy of the receipt that I got. Would you like me to take a picture of the boots too?

That was two days ago and haven't heard back from them. Can't wait to see how they respond to this one.:rolleyes:

I went ahead yesterday and ordered from another company, these guys just lost a customer.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Doesn't it seem like some people just don't WANT to understand what you're saying?

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Sorry about your ordeal... maybe they have a pair of dark blue boots they just can't seem to get rid of so they keep sending them to people hoping that eventually someone will get tired of trying to return them and just give up and keep the ugly things... :D Keep us posted on their next move.

Customer Service and tech support is often a concerted effort to simply throw the situation back on the other guy. Example:

You send me an email detailing every single issue and problem and your desired result. Time invested: 35 minutes not counting anger management time

CSR scans, get the gist, and sends back a form letter: Time invested: 15 seconds

You respond with follow-up going into even more detail and begin to get heated. Time invested: Another 35 minutes

CSR asks a stupid question or finds some other way to blow you off with an email that doesn't result in action. Time invested: 30 seconds

YOU freak out on CSR, threaten to sue, get your credit card company to issue a chargeback and call the BBB. Time invested: About 1 hour and 45 minutes

CSR reads some of your emails, realizes it's their mistake and begins a dialogue that involves you PAYING to rectify the problem. Time invested: 5 minutes

You start bleeding from the forehead, snap at your family, buy a handgun, and send off a nastygram that calls on the forces of nature to abolish said company, it's employees and all known associates. Time invested: 3 hours, 14 minutes and 23 seconds

CSR decides to handle the matter in the way he/she should have from the very first email. Issue is resolved. Time invested: 10 minutes. 7 of those minutes are spend with you on hold while he/she grabs a cup of coffee (under the guise of "waiting for the computer system" or "getting her manager to authorize the refund/exchange".

You see, they really are intelligent people.

Matt34

Matt34

Still nothing back from them, I sent another email two days ago asking how we proceed from here. I'm going to file a report with the BBB and also see if I can reverse the charge on my credit card.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You start bleeding from the forehead, snap at your family, buy a handgun, and send off a nastygram that calls on the forces of nature to abolish said company, it's employees and all known associates. Time invested: 3 hours, 14 minutes and 23 seconds

You see, they really are intelligent people.
If your typing skills are like mine the Time Invested # easily doubles. It almost sounds like you wrote the CSR Manual for some of these outfits.

Is there smart approach to getting this sort of thing resolved? Aside from drinking heavily while in the midst of it all?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Ok, my time to vent. I ordered a pair of Blackhawk combat boots through them on 6/26. They arrived 7/04 and when I opened the package they were the wrong color(Marine colors), not the desert tan that I ordered. I pulled the receipt out and it had another persons name on it. So I go online and email them telling them the situation, I get two auto replies saying I need to fill out a RMA.
I proceed to write them again explaining I can't fill out a RMA because the order number and customer ID number are not for my order(just out of curiousity I tried using them and they came back to the guy on the reciept and he too also returned his order due to the boots being the wrong color?:rolleyes:)
The emails that followed:

Dear Matt,
The order# you provided, #XXXXXX, is for an order for XXXX XXXXX. However, when I pull the order up in our system, it shows that it was returned over a month ago and a refund was issued. On that order, Mr. XXXXXX stated he received a dark blue color boots, which he returned, and we gave him a full refund. Please double check the order# on the package.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to assist you
!

So apparently I can't read a reciept. So I wrote back:

That is what I've been trying to tell you. Not only did you send me the wrong style of boots but you sent me someone else's reciept.

I've scanned a copy of the receipt that I got. Would you like me to take a picture of the boots too?

That was two days ago and haven't heard back from them. Can't wait to see how they respond to this one.:rolleyes:

I went ahead yesterday and ordered from another company, these guys just lost a customer.

Can you call them by phone? Perhaps this way you can get through their thick skull?:D

Matt34

Matt34

Can you call them by phone? Perhaps this way you can get through their thick skull?:D

Honestly, I could but I rather spend what little time I have available on the phone talking to my family than to these morons.

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
Is there smart approach to getting this sort of thing resolved? Aside from drinking heavily while in the midst of it all?
Yes, have your wife call them. Women will go on and on til we get what we want :D

Good luck Matt!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis