Radiomarantz alternative?

T

trochetier

Audioholic
I have Marantz SR5007 and SR6010. Appears that Marantz has stopped supporting radiomarantz service including the search function for these models for internet radio and handed the service to Vtuner. I rarely use the search function and save any new station in my favorites. Vtuner wants $3/yr for their service. Is there a way to get around this?

T

trochetier

Audioholic
Nobody is giving me the $3 free!

Unless you have solution please do not bother!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of Radiomarantz myself. You could always just add an external streaming device to the receivers.....cost about a year's worth perhaps for something like an Amazon Fire Stick....or just use your phone/tablet and cast thru airplay?

T

trochetier

Audioholic
YCast is a free alternative. Two ways to use it 1) Create a portable linux distro like Ubuntu on a USB stick, install l YCast. Start Windows machine with the USB stick to start Ubuntu and YCast. 2) Raspberry pi with Raspian, if you have one. Instructions for both are on the internet. Works similar to vtuner. Once you have your stations in the Favorites in the Receiver. You can put away the USB stick or the pi away.

Fools and their money are easily separated.

20watt

Audiophyte
I have YCast installed on LUbuntu on an RPi4. It works jus' fine on one LAN (192.168.2.1), but YCast also installed on Lubuntu on another RPi4 on another LAN (192.168.1.1) does not work. A Denon AVR on each LAN. Please take a look at the attached diagram. Maybe you can help?

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have Marantz SR5007 and SR6010. Appears that Marantz has stopped supporting radiomarantz service including the search function for these models for internet radio and handed the service to Vtuner. I rarely use the search function and save any new station in my favorites. Vtuner wants $3/yr for their service. Is there a way to get around this?
I have three Marantz units. The two older ones have HD and standard FM radio. The newer 7705 does not have HD.

However you can stream anything you want from your iPhone.

In addition I can get any station I want in the world from my DAW even the BBC's high quality streams via VPN. You don't have to pay for Vtuner, which to tell you the truth I didn't know existed. I'm sure there are a lot of other options out there I have never heard of. Since I'm now in a major metro area with nearby stations, for the first time in many years I don't have a roof antenna, but an attic one and it is working fine.

T

trochetier

Audioholic
I have YCast installed on LUbuntu on an RPi4. It works jus' fine on one LAN (192.168.2.1), but YCast also installed on Lubuntu on another RPi4 on another LAN (192.168.1.1) does not work. A Denon AVR on each LAN. Please take a look at the attached diagram. Maybe you can help?
In my Raspi YCast I used an IP address (192.168. 1.XX) that has no conflicts with any other, e.g.computer/s, printer, tablet, fridge and other devices. The IP addresses already taken up are easy to find by logging on to your router or using a free app .like Angry IP - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ipscan/

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They went back to VTuner? Jeez! That was dumb. Yamaha left a couple of years ago and network radio works better, now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis