Radio Control Helicopter Forums???

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all,

My wonderful wife decided not to buy me the Ferrari I asked for for X-mas (again:rolleyes:) but she did buy me a rc helicopter.:cool: I've always wanted one just to mess with...I hope I don't become a RCholic...or do I...:D

So who here is in to this sort of thing and is there a good forum out there? (like audioholics)

SBF1

BTW it's a V3LAMA.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
While not RC helicoptes, I was VERY into RC cars. My brothers girlfriends brother bought at Nitro powered RC truck (like a monster truck).

According to him, its been on the market for about 3 months. It has a 5Hp motor, dual disk brakes with ABS, 4 speed transmission (3 drive, 1 reverse), dual coilover shocks with piggy back reservoirs per wheel(one per shock), it's insane.

After seeing it last night, it made me want to get my car out again. I need to fix the controller battery back, but he said that he could help there. Once it's up and running, where going to have a race :)

SheepStar

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sheep said:
While not RC helicoptes, I was VERY into RC cars. My brothers girlfriends brother bought at Nitro powered RC truck (like a monster truck).

According to him, its been on the market for about 3 months. It has a 5Hp motor, dual disk brakes with ABS, 4 speed transmission (3 drive, 1 reverse), dual coilover shocks with piggy back reservoirs per wheel(one per shock), it's insane.

After seeing it last night, it made me want to get my car out again. I need to fix the controller battery back, but he said that he could help there. Once it's up and running, where going to have a race :)

SheepStar
Hi Sheep, Hope your holidays have been happy!

I have two rc cars. A bolink, pan style chassis "stockcar", and a fully suspended car that the name escapes me at the momment. Carbon fibre chassis, roller bearings, aluminum oil filled fully adjustible coil overs...yeah, all pretty much standard nowdays but 16-17 years ago it was kick butt!

I haven't used either for at least three years. I'm sure this helicopter will get the old rc juices flowing again. Plus it will be fun to see my six year old boy reck them and learn to fix them.:D

Next, nitro powered rc car.:cool:

Let me know how the race was,
SBF1

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
STRONGBADF1 said:
Hi all,

My wonderful wife decided not to buy me the Ferrari I asked for for X-mas (again:rolleyes:) but she did buy me a rc helicopter.:cool: I've always wanted one just to mess with...I hope I don't become a RCholic...or do I...:D

So who here is in to this sort of thing and is there a good forum out there? (like audioholics)

SBF1

BTW it's a V3LAMA.
You might find it pretty addicting SBF1. (My bag is RC Sailplanes, so I can't help you with heli forums. I used to do cross-country and other competitive flying events.) Whoa.....FUN FUN FUN stuff! Enjoy! :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Tomorrow said:
You might find it pretty addicting SBF1. (My bag is RC Sailplanes, so I can't help you with heli forums. I used to do cross-country and other competitive flying events.) Whoa.....FUN FUN FUN stuff! Enjoy! :)
Hi Mr. Orrow...can I call ya Tom?:rolleyes:
I know but thats how my mind works....:confused:

Sailplanes huh, sounds challenging. I would like a plane also but a helicopter is more practical for me. I live on the approch flight path of the local municipal airport. Rockets and rc planes are out. They don't have a sense of humor about these things. That and the nuke plant in our township keeps the authorities pretty stern. Shame too because we have a large sod field across the street that would be great for a rc plane. I'll buy one someday.

Oh well. I have wanted a rc helicopter for longer than a plane and my wonderful wife made it so!:) Gave her a pat on the backside and an "at a girl".:rolleyes: I think she's smarter than me though...this will keep me occupied for a long time and out of her hair. I really do like to bug her and she keeps on distracting me.................................

anyhow - I have a helicopter,
SBF1:confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis