H

Hookedup12

Enthusiast
If I was able to get either for around the same price which would be the better sub? The klipsch is bnib.

H

Hookedup12

Enthusiast
The rest of my system is klipsch so I think I'll go with the klipsch. The only thing is the second sub I buy will probably have to be full price. And I know they aren't worth their retail value but it'll be better than what I have now

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The rest of my system is klipsch so I think I'll go with the klipsch. The only thing is the second sub I buy will probably have to be full price. And I know they aren't worth their retail value but it'll be better than what I have now
Do what you can, even adding a second one will have benefits.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
A sub 1500 would likely best both for less cost. The klipsch rolls off at 29hz, the Bic isn't the most accurate sub, the 1500, while lower powered, can likely best both in output and extension all while giving a fairly flat response.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A sub 1500 would likely best both for less cost. The klipsch rolls off at 29hz, the Bic isn't the most accurate sub, the 1500, while lower powered, can likely best both in output and extension all while giving a fairly flat response.

Not to say the Sub1500 is bad, but I would be surprised if it had a flat response, at least relative to the BIC or Klipsch. I wouldn't be surprised if it started rolling off at a higher frequency either. There is not much to support those assertions, from what I can see. Is there a review or measurement out there for it?

H

Hookedup12

Enthusiast
Would it be better to get the pl-200ii vs the above posted at 299? Trying to find the best ported sub under 350 bucks seeing how I need to get two. I wouldn't be against the daytons but I don't know how they would do in a home theater set up being sealed and low on power numbers they could be extremely capable I just haven't ever heard them and unfortunately all I have to go off is the spec sheet and for the price they are a great deal but for 20 bucks more you can get 50 more watts rms and a ported enclosure with the other two. But you do move two more inches of airspace with the Dayton hmm decisions. Also in the runnings Are the emotiva basx10, and the above mentioned pl200ii, r-12sw, f12 and the most expensive just peaking out of my price point is the Vtf-1 mk3 and rsl speedwoofer 10s. Some might say to just get a single mk3 now and save up and buy a second one later but looking forward to anyone else's input!

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Home theater shack has a good review on the 1200, and at one point I had measurements of the 1500 until my computer crashed, with good placement I had a fairly flat response from 23hz to 100hz. Are you saying the 1500 rolls off higher than 29hz? Because that hasn't been anyone's experience even with the 1200.
Not to say the Sub1500 is bad, but I would be surprised if it had a flat response, at least relative to the BIC or Klipsch. I wouldn't be surprised if it started rolling off at a higher frequency either. There is not much to support those assertions, from what I can see. Is there a review or measurement out there for it?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Home theater shack has a good review on the 1200, and at one point I had measurements of the 1500 until my computer crashed, with good placement I had a fairly flat response from 23hz to 100hz. Are you saying the 1500 rolls off higher than 29hz? Because that hasn't been anyone's experience even with the 1200.

Sealed subs with out boost almost always roll off higher than 30hz.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

You would really need groundplane or anechoic measurements to know the sub's response. In-room frequency response measurements are going to tell you more about the room than the subwoofer. You can do near-field cone measurements of sealed subs to get a good idea of its behavior, but even then I would prefer ground plane.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis