Quick Help Needed: Klipsch RP-8000F vs RF-82 II

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
Hi all! Say I know Audioholics thinks very highly of the Klipsch RP-8000F. I have a chance to buy a pair for RF-82 II for only $500 and I wonder how they compare of the RP-8000F?
I have to buy by end of day as selling is leaving down.

Thanks,
Paul

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'd pass on those at that price. From what I've heard, there's a notable jump between the Reference and Reference Premier lines. I bought and sold my RP-280F's (the 8000's predecessor) for $400 so there are deals out there if you're patient.

Klipsch also has big sales at least once a year (holiday time) and sometimes twice. You're likely to get a good deal in a few months.

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for that feedback. I was already learning towards passing so definitely will now.

C

Catatonic

Audiophyte
Sorry but the other guy doesn't know what he's talking about the RF series is the same as the current RP series. The rf-82s have a titanium tweeter copper 8 in woofers just the same as the rp8000s. And that goes for the same for the newer RF-82 Mark II. I think there's a small difference in the technology with the rf-82 to the rf-82 Mark II. But I've seen no difference in the rf-82 mark 2 versus the RP 8000. If you can find an rf-82 Mark 2 for a thousand bucks or even $900 it's probably a good buy. And if you can find the rf-82 for $700 I'd purchase that too.

C

Catatonic

Audiophyte
I don't know why you answered his post you clearly have no knowledge of klipsch speakers. And literally he was stupid enough to take your advice

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Sorry but the other guy doesn't know what he's talking about the RF series is the same as the current RP series. The rf-82s have a titanium tweeter copper 8 in woofers just the same as the rp8000s. And that goes for the same for the newer RF-82 Mark II. I think there's a small difference in the technology with the rf-82 to the rf-82 Mark II. But I've seen no difference in the rf-82 mark 2 versus the RP 8000. If you can find an rf-82 Mark 2 for a thousand bucks or even $900 it's probably a good buy. And if you can find the rf-82 for $700 I'd purchase that too.

ok the only thing you got right is they have two 8” driver and a titanium tweeter. Rf82 were brighter with lower xover in horn section. Rf82ii changed that crossover to limit that shrill horn. Also gave it some cosmetic upgrades. The next generation like rp8000 and newer are WAY different sounding. All new xover design with higher quality components. Rubber horn instead of hard plastic to cut down on those shrill highs. Port design changed adding to bass texture, not just a boomy party speaker anymore.

now prices, rf82 probably $200-300 used
Rf82ii were priced so low the last year they were sold new. Rf82ii were $400-500 a pair brand new. Used market $300-400. Rp8000 were regularly on sale for 600-700$ a pair. Used I’d say $500 a pair.

$1000 a pair could get you rf7, rf83 or even rf7ii.

if you’re a klipsch fan do some research and you’ll find many deals. Also remember klipsch is more like a starter brand. They get you into this hobby but within a year you’ve already sold them. Maybe skip this step entirely and go straight to Jbl or svs. Then few years down the line you’ll want focal, canton, kef, paradigm, monitor audio, or a similar company that makes great speakers.

C

Catatonic

Audiophyte
Wrong wrong. Also I'm talking Canadian prices not American there bud. And you're not going to hear any real noticeable difference between the rf-82 and the rf-82 mark 2 I've had them both side by side . You're going to be talking about the rf-7ii and other speakers that is so rare to even find lol. You will however hear the difference with the rp8000s both driver and tweeter has received updated technology. You can get a pair of rf-82s for $700 in Canadian and the rp8000s are 1900 plus tax. They're all great speakers what it comes down to is what your ear can handle if the rf-82s sound good save your money and buy those if it's harsh on your ears buy a brand new pair of rp8000s. The best bang for your buck is klipsch. They're not a starter brand although they do carry budget speakers. I mean the rf7 III is like 6,000 Canadian that is not a starter speaker and nor is the rp8000. Compare the k e f q900 to the klipsch I choose the klipsch. The k e f lacks bass. JBL hasn't been good since the '90s. People like Tim are the kind of person you want to take advice from he's the kind of guy that will switch his speakers 100 times in 10 years never being fully satisfied and always wanting the next best thing. Also there is no new rf-82 Mark II they're discontinued and are no longer being produced so I don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Rf7ii aren’t hard to find on the used market at all. I didn’t know you were in Canada bud. Sounds like klipsch are way overpriced up north. Rf82ii were being sold at frys about 3 years ago for $199 each. So referenced that for used prices. Jbl makes some of the best speakers on the market as well.

it’s ok to admit you’re wrong about what you said in a post earlier. I mean you already contradicted what you said earlier in your last post.

I also like to try new speakers in my house but I also have speakers that I’ve kept in use for 30 years. So if you like klipsch I’m totally ok with that. Just too bad speakers that are so cheap here are so expensive there. I can cruise used ads right now and find Rf82ii pair with rc62ii for $500obo. That’s obviously US dollars though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis