question with video switching

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I was walking my brother through the steps on the pone to connect his DVD player tonight via component. He doesnt have hdmi and originally was going to just connect the component cable from dvd to TV.
I had him run the component cable from the dvd player to his ONkyo receiver first. Then ran a component cable from the ONkyo to the Panasonic Plasma. I thought by doing this when he selected dvd source on his Onkyo it would automatically switch the video input on the TV but it does not. He still has to go into the TV and manually switch it to component 1 input.
Any advice?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
If he runs all his sources throught the Onkyo via component then he will not have th switch the TV input because all the sources go to the TV on the same input.

The receiver has no way of telling the TV to switch inputs so that must be done by the TV. If he has a universal remote with basic macro capabilities then he could set it up where when he chooses "Watch DVD" the remote will turn on each component and switch to the correct inputs on the receiver and TV.

What other sources is he running through the Onkyo?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Thats right thanks. I forgot that the cable box had to run through the reciever via component and not directly to the tv.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis