Question about yamaha binding posts

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I'm thinking of going to spade connectors for my cables, but my yamaha has this weird plastic shroud over the binding posts that is only allowing pins or bare wire to be crewed down.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a reciever with this type of post, and if spades are even usable on them if you do cut off the shrouding.

Thanks,

--Steve</font>

<font color='#008080'>I have these on my Yamaha and use bananas on the receiver side... Yamaha (and others) do this, I believe, because they have so many speaker-level connectors on the back. I would bet that getting spades to fit everywhere would necessitate a bigger chassis!</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>this is just a stereo reciever, an RX-496. &nbsp;No room for a surround setup in my place.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>You can use spades instead of bannanas for your Yamaha receiver.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>mustang_steve~

I think you might be able to pop the cap off (plastic thingy that keeps u from inserting banana plus). I think its basically a protector from dust ot interference.

:)~

Bob</font>

G

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think its basically a protector from dust ot interference. </td></tr></table>
Nope, it's because of EU regulations.</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for all the info,

I'm going to go with bananna plugs if I cant find a way to remove those shrouds this weekend. &nbsp;It's one of those plastic kind that wrap around the post, keeping anyhting larger than a pin or bare wire from getting under the actual post to be screwed down.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis