Question about possible damage to speakers

J

jmncrr

Audiophyte
I bought some new speakers for my pc, and spent the most money i've ever spent on pc speakers, so i'm a little concerned. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but i unplugged the 3.5 analog audio jack out when the powered speakers were on fairly loud, and heard a few pops. I assume the pops were normal for doing something like that, and the speakers sound just fine with no problems. Is there any possibility i did some damage to them for this accident? Like i said they sound just fine, but would like some feedback. Thanks for any input.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I bought some new speakers for my pc, and spent the most money i've ever spent on pc speakers, so i'm a little concerned. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but i unplugged the 3.5 analog audio jack out when the powered speakers were on fairly loud, and heard a few pops. I assume the pops were normal for doing something like that, and the speakers sound just fine with no problems. Is there any possibility i did some damage to them for this accident? Like i said they sound just fine, but would like some feedback. Thanks for any input.
If you damaged them, you'd know.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Never make or break connections when the equipment is powered. EVER!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
send them to my house and I'll do a thorough evaluation of them. If they are really nice speakers, it may take a while to complete such a thorough evaluation. I'll do it for free of course.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis