question about my 7.1 system set up using Def Techs...

H

HDTVFREAK

Junior Audioholic
Alright...I am at my last piece of equipment to purchase and I need to know "what is enough" for my second pair of surrounds.

Here is what I have currently to go in my HT dedicated room that is 35 X 16

Front's are BP 7002's
CENTER is CLR 2500
One Set of Surrounds is BPVX
Pioneer 1018 receiver.
Def Tech Super Cube II sub

My question is for the second pair of surrounds to go with my BPVX pair. Will a BP 2X match up nicely with the BPVX, or do I need to match it up with another set of BPVX or at least BPX. I also wonder what is better if I do use different powered surrounds as far as placement. Should the more powerful set of surrounds go in the back and the weaker in the front or the other way around?? I have a "riser" and my first set of surrounds will line up with my first set up seats apprx 14 ft away and then my second set of surrounds will line up on the riser to provide surrounds to the second seating area and back bar area.

Thanks for the input.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The BP2X will be fine, I havre BP7001SC, CLR3000, BP10 surround backs, and BP2X surrounds, and it all sounds fine. Def Tech speakers are all voice matched across all lines of their speakers, so you will be ok.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Alright...I am at my last piece of equipment to purchase and I need to know "what is enough" for my second pair of surrounds.

Here is what I have currently to go in my HT dedicated room that is 35 X 16

Front's are BP 7002's
CENTER is CLR 2500
One Set of Surrounds is BPVX
Pioneer 1018 receiver.
Def Tech Super Cube II sub

My question is for the second pair of surrounds to go with my BPVX pair. Will a BP 2X match up nicely with the BPVX, or do I need to match it up with another set of BPVX or at least BPX. I also wonder what is better if I do use different powered surrounds as far as placement. Should the more powerful set of surrounds go in the back and the weaker in the front or the other way around?? I have a "riser" and my first set of surrounds will line up with my first set up seats apprx 14 ft away and then my second set of surrounds will line up on the riser to provide surrounds to the second seating area and back bar area.

Thanks for the input.

I think it's best to match the 5.1 surrounds. But auddsey can take care of the differences so nowadays it's not a big deal. Another option is to use a dipole on the center back position. Then you feed the proper channel to each side. Gives you less speakers to mount.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis