quality cheap stereo amps

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....well, the thing I've learned best so far as a spambot on this board, is that it doesn't matter what you say, somebody is going to take a swing at you.....

.....the notion of adding a stereo amp to the mix has been discussed....here is a line of amps advised to me by Tom at SVS, to get me started with the subs I got from them if I needed to go light at first....the entry level of the line will strap to 830 watts to kick a sub, has 100 db's concerning signal-to-noise ratio, "less" than .01 of distortion, and costs under 300....with a damping factor and signal-to-noise ratio better than competitve Crown's....anyone considering a sub update could take some unpowered cylinder subs, and shoot 2 ohm watts with headroom at those 4 ohm subs fairly cheaply....hello oscillations.....

.....no, I don't work for either SVS, QSC, or this wholesale outlet.....

http://www.djdeals.com/qscRMX850.htm

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
mulester7 said:
.....well, the thing I've learned best so far as a spambot on this board, is that it doesn't matter what you say, somebody is going to take a swing at you.....

.....the notion of adding a stereo amp to the mix has been discussed....here is a line of amps advised to me by Tom at SVS, to get me started with the subs I got from them if I needed to go light at first....the entry level of the line will strap to 830 watts to kick a sub, has 100 db's concerning signal-to-noise ratio, "less" than .01 of distortion, and costs under 300....with a damping factor and signal-to-noise ratio better than competitve Crown's....anyone considering a sub update could take some unpowered cylinder subs, and shoot 2 ohm watts with headroom at those 4 ohm subs fairly cheaply....hello oscillations.....

Wow. If this thing doesn't make a subwoofer hit, nothing will.

http://www.djdeals.com/qscRMX5050.htm

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Buck, of course headroom is good, but the most important factor to me is that a sub is gettting hit with a strapped amp....it's a whole new ballgame....authority, pop, pronounced oscillations....and that's only using about 1/3 of the gain compared to normal stereo gains.....

.....I got all my stuff wired back normal, and may I say it was an interesting 2 months in cross-wired land....

B

BJG718

Enthusiast
"...has 100 db's concerning signal-to-noise ratio, "less" than .01 of distortion..."

Can someone please clarify this for me? signal/noise ratio is simply the static you hear if you unplug all the sources and turn the volume of the receiver up (the higher the ratio, the more signal and the less "noise")? correct? distortion is clipping when you give too much power to the speakers?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
BJG718 said:
"...has 100 db's concerning signal-to-noise ratio, "less" than .01 of distortion..."

Can someone please clarify this for me? signal/noise ratio is simply the static you hear if you unplug all the sources and turn the volume of the receiver up (the higher the ratio, the more signal and the less "noise")? correct? distortion is clipping when you give too much power to the speakers?
.....I would say correct on both counts, and very good questions on your part....signal-to-noise enters inaudiblity at 100db below, or so I've been told....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....and then we bring into the picture the sub kits you can build....you'd have enough money left over to lavish that vile woman.....

.....I applaud Privateer's worthless carcus....he stated in another thread he would be interested in subs from SVS that have the "ultra" element....that is the one I would be interested in myself, but I am influenced by having found an affinity with front-firing subs....I suspect Dr. Hsu has some front-firing subs himself....yeah, we love our subs, and more than one brand is quality.....

.....oh, one last thing....if you tried unpowered subs and amps for your lows, and your sub signal was coming from the surround receiver already cut at receiver-level to 60 cycles and below, you'd be home....I quit......

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
I think that I am speaking for everyone when I say can you please get the hell off the forum! People were having a much better time when we did not have your incoherent ramblings and pathetic plugs. This time can you please leave for good! Hell I will pay you to stop posting on this site.

B

BJG718

Enthusiast
"signal-to-noise enters inaudiblity at 100db below, or so I've been told...."

do you mean at 100db and above? that would make more sense to me. correct me if i am wrong though?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Annanuchi will have to jump in here now, BJG718, as to why it's 100 db below....I have just always gone with, if the signal-to-noise ratio is at least 100 db below, it is inaudible.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Privateer said:
I think that I am speaking for everyone when I say can you please get the hell off the forum! People were having a much better time when we did not have your incoherent ramblings and pathetic plugs. This time can you please leave for good! Hell I will pay you to stop posting on this site.
.....one more, and I'll never see you again at this site....you really are a piece of work.....

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
.....one more, and I'll never see you again at this site....you really are a piece of work.....
Me? You must think highly of yourself, you are the one who is hated on this forum not me.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Privateer said:
Me? You must think highly of yourself, you are the one who is hated on this forum not me.
.....ok, Folks, let's hear the hate mail.....

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
Privateer said:
I think this comment would have been more appropriate in a thread in which there actually was some "incoherent ramblings." In this thread, #7 seems to be making sense and adding to the discussion. Also, can't you just skip his posts or killfile him if it gets you so worked up?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Come on Privateer, just throw him on your ignore list and leave him be. I can't follow everything he's saying but I wouldn't bust his chops over it either. He doesn't say mean things or go out to get anybody angry, he's just, what's the word? Unique. I can understand that he gets under your skin, everyone has someone that can push their buttons without trying, but as long as he's not insulting someone I say leave him be. Especially since it seems like he's trying to tone it down a bit. Or don't listen to me, lord knows I'm not the niceness police.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Privateer said:

Well, your not speaking for everyone.

Mule brought to light what I think is a very good amp at a killer price. There is no reason to go off on someone just because you don't like their style of communication.

If you can't understand some of the text in this thread, I suggest you check this out:
http://www.hop.com/index.jhtml;jsessionid=JNGWZQNGJOJSJQFIZDECFEQ?cid=1037&SOURCE=goog&KEYWORD=hooked on phonics&_requestid=177099&_requestid=177099

Good Luck!

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
mulester7 said:

The specs on this thing look almost as good as the mackie 1400i that I drool over. I firmly believe something like this with a good preamp, will sound no different than some of these expensive amps. The damping factor is good, THD is good. The only drawback of some of this pro gear is the fan. They tend to be quite loud. I have often thought of building my new system in a closet and just putting the pre-amp out.

Mule have you bought one of these?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....no, Mac, I have not bought one of the QSC MRX amps, but I would not hesitate to do so if nothing else because Tom at SVS suggested them.....

.....and, the specs on the amps speak for themselves, imo.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Mac, don't think I haven't noticed that McIntosh pre-amp in your listing....one day when we get our $3500 processors, we'll send them surround receiver boys home with noticable confusion.....

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
mulester7 said:
.....Mac, don't think I haven't noticed that McIntosh pre-amp in your listing....one day when we get our $3500 processors, we'll send them surround receiver boys home with noticable confusion.....
I refuse to mix my good stuff with this surround stuff. I don't know why but my 2 ch setup blows away my HT setup. Actually I think it blows most of them away. Too many speakers; too much pollution.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Sorry if I'm hijacking here a bit mulester, but I've got a quick question for MacManNM. Is there something wrong with your Marantz? I've read your other thread about looking for decent pre/post and now I'm wondering if you're having second thoughts. I love mine more and more every day. It really has hit the spot and elminated my upgradeitis in that category.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis