Quad sub in a small Dedicated HT room

K

kearkg

Enthusiast
hey everyone, i ended up getting a good deal on a used svs pb13-ultra and i need some advice how to get it working as i've set it up and i can't hear anything coming out of the sub and the woofer isnt vibrating at all.
if i disconnect the RCA from the avr and put my finger on it, i the woofer cone vibrates which tells me the sub is fine.

i've plugged it in using a single RCA cable from my yamaha rx-a1080 sw1 output to the left RCA input jack on the svs.
this is only a 2.1 setup .
i set my main LR speakers to small and xover to 80 hz.
changed the avr settings to say there's a sub in use.
played Max Max Fury road and i can't hear anything coming out of the sub.
on the sub itself, all the settings on the digital control panel are set to disabled, with the volume at -50db.
the volume on the avr for the sub is 0db (same as LR speakers).
i decided to run ypao to see if that would fix it, and i do hear the shortest, faintest test tone come out of the sub, but after ypao runs it just shows me a 2.0 setup and defaults the settings back to having no sub.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Did they demo it where you bought it? Sounds like maybe the AMP doesn’t work. I’d call SVS and they will help you test it out and make sure or see if your doing something wrong

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Someone said too much sub was not a thing. Maybe some PB-16's? 4 of them?

Evil maniacal laugh inserted!
May as well go with dual FV18’s then. I haven’t experienced them but those that have say they are the most accurate and bring realism to bass all while exciting your HOA’s legal team.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
May as well go with dual FV18’s then. I haven’t experienced them but those that have say they are the most accurate and bring realism to bass
Where do you you guys hear all this BOLOGNA? SMH

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Where do you you guys hear all this BOLOGNA? SMH
From the Rythmik fanboys, duh!

Obviously they aren’t appropriate for a small room but I’ve never read a negative review on the FV18’s. What I’ve read is they are very smooth and integrate into other speakers easily but don’t have the punch of other speakers.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis