Qty 2 SVS SB2000 vs 1 SB13 vs 1 HSU 15 MK2

S

smittynh

Audiophyte
Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback on the following sub purchase. This will be for music 2.1 setup.

I'm running an Anthem 710 MRX and 2 KEF R500 Fronts. For the tightest, most authentic music playback, which one do you recommend?

I am steering towards the 2 SB 2000's, but hear great things about the other two... Also, I wasn't sure the best hookup for 2 channel playback? Do you recommend using an RCA Y adapter from the "sub out" on the back of the Anthem for 2 SB 2000's or using banana connectors to RCA connectors to tie into my LF and RF main terminals on the Anthem? Overall, if going with just one sub in a 2 channel setting, is it better to connect straight from the main left or Right terminal on the RCVR to SUB rather than from the Sub Out on the RCVR?

Thanks for any and all help!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
2 SB-2000 is your best bet. 2 subs are always better than 1. Your gonna have some serious tight bass with 2 SB-2000 subs. Nice choice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You'll want to use the crossover in the Anthem by using the sub pre-out. A split of the signal is fine if your avr can't handle two separate subs for delay/level.

As to just using a single vs dual subs, dual subs gives you more opportunities to smooth response thru the room. Sealed doesn't necessarily give you better performance for "music"...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Why not two ULS-15 mk2 subs? A single ULS-15 mk2 can outperform a single SB13-Ultra, and two ULS-15s cost about the same as a single SB13-Ultra. Get the best of both worlds!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback on the following sub purchase. This will be for music 2.1 setup.

I'm running an Anthem 710 MRX and 2 KEF R500 Fronts. For the tightest, most authentic music playback, which one do you recommend?

I am steering towards the 2 SB 2000's, but hear great things about the other two... Also, I wasn't sure the best hookup for 2 channel playback? Do you recommend using an RCA Y adapter from the "sub out" on the back of the Anthem for 2 SB 2000's or using banana connectors to RCA connectors to tie into my LF and RF main terminals on the Anthem? Overall, if going with just one sub in a 2 channel setting, is it better to connect straight from the main left or Right terminal on the RCVR to SUB rather than from the Sub Out on the RCVR?

How big is your room?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Why not two ULS-15 mk2 subs? A single ULS-15 mk2 can outperform a single SB13-Ultra, and two ULS-15s cost about the same as a single SB13-Ultra. Get the best of both worlds!
Exactly what I was thinking!

M

m3incorp

Audioholic Intern
Dang how a few of us were thinking the very same thing,

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic

RSL Speedwoofers insane precision and detail

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
u should try them, you'll be very surprised, especially with duals. Free shipping both ways. I love mine and they came in right after my svs pb2plus

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis