Q Acoustics New 3000i Series Looks Tempting!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Q Acoustics has announced a new 3000i Series of speakers. I really like the looks of the 3020i's in English Walnut myself. Might have to give these a try sometime down the road. Here is a link for those that may be interested:

https://www.qacoustics.com/new-3000i-series.html

The 3000i Series comes in (4) finishes: Arctic White, Carbon Black, Graphite Grey, & English Walnut

Pricing for the 3020i's in only $299.99 a set shipped!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I think the 3020i's look rather interesting in English Walnut:

https://www.qacoustics.com/new-3000i-series/3020i-bookshelf-speaker-pair.html

The cabinets are 25% bigger with P2P bracing, and new low profile binding posts. I like the direction that QA is going, but do wish that they would come out with a larger center-channel. Dual 4" mids just do not do it for me. Perhaps, if QA could offer something w/5" mids instead that would be quite helpful. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Those are nice looking speakers, definitely like the rounded cabinets with the Walnut woodgrain!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah the Walnut looks splendid no doubt! Like the White as well.

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They make decent/nice stuff -- the 3020 is a nice/decent speaker -- but I expect more out of the 3020i -- hopefully there will be better definition and better definition in the bass. I like the fact that they do put work in the cabinet and not just the drivers and crossover.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Noticed that the tweeter on the 3000i series is a tad smaller than that of the original 3000 Series. That is, from 25 mm to 22 mm respectively speaking. Not sure why QA decided to do that. But, nevertheless they sure did.

On another note the 3090Ci is still using the 4" mids just like the 3090C. Personally, I prefer a bit larger center and my room is rather small. Just saying.......

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I like the original 3020 and it works with the 3090 center in my bedroom system with a Rythmik L12 doing most of the work pretty well. In a space for home theater, using a 3020 as a center might be the ticket. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I like the original 3020 and it works with the 3090 center in my bedroom system with a Rythmik L12 doing most of the work pretty well. In a space for home theater, using a 3020 as a center might be the ticket. :)
Yeah a single 3020/3020i may just do the trick for many. BTW, what are you powering your bedroom setup with? Bet is sounds pretty good with a Rythmik L12. Lucky you.

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah a single 3020/3020i may just do the trick for many. BTW, what are you powering your bedroom setup with? Bet is sounds pretty good with a Rythmik L12. Lucky you.

Cheers,

Phil
Yamaha RX-V681 powers this 3.1 setup. I didn’t bother hooking up the rears. I replaced a RX-V630 in there in November after I replaced the RX-V3300 in my home theater room with a RX-A2060 in October. Both were retired after 15 years of service. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Snake, my interests are also 3.2 so that I can hear my TV better. Otherwise, I would not even full with a center-channel at all. Hope to have something soon to use in the near-field albeit my desktop setup. I am pretty much sold on the KEF Q150's, but that could change when the times comes for me to pull the trigger. At least, the QA 3020i's may be a very good alternative. Glad that you have gotten longevity out of your Yammies. Hence, they are well known for that. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I hear good things about Kef so you are on the right track. I’m saving up for my Atmos/DTSX purchase for my home theater room to get to 5.1.4 but I really enjoy my 3.1 setup in my bedroom too.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
QUOTE="snakeeyes, post: 1244117, member: 85468"]I like the original 3020 and it works with the 3090 center in my bedroom system with a Rythmik L12 doing most of the work pretty well. In a space for home theater, using a 3020 as a center might be the ticket. :)[/QUOTE]

Snake, I forgot to ask you how the 3090C handles dialogue intelligibility? My room is 12' X 15' and the MLP is about 8'-9' from my TV. Thus, I do not listen at absurd levels. However, I am looking to being able to hear my TV much better. BTW, how large is your bedroom? Just curious is all. Thanks a lot for the info!:)

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
1400 cu ft give or take. It handles dialogue good although I use Yamaha dialogue lift and that engages the 3020s but I’m mostly listening to music in 2.1 to be honest.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
1400 cu ft give or take. It handles dialogue good although I use Yamaha dialogue lift and that engages the 3020s but I’m mostly listening to music in 2.1 to be honest.
Thanks a bunch Snake. My room is about 1,440 ft.^3. No need to play real loud levels here. Just hearing my TV better w/o enhancing all of the effects is my goal. Will never use said center for music either.

I do most of my music listening on my desktop nowadays. But, still plan to use a set of KEF Q150's for my desktop. Not exactly sure what I will use in regards to my TV though. Thanks once again for the info!

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks a bunch Snake. My room is about 1,440 ft.^3. No need to play real loud levels here. Just hearing my TV better w/o enhancing all of the effects is my goal. Will never use said center for music either.

I do most of my music listening on my desktop nowadays. But, still plan to use a set of KEF Q150's for my desktop. Not exactly sure what I will use in regards to my TV though. Thanks once again for the info!

Cheers,

Phil
So I put my 3020 and 3090 into my living room and added dual HSU VTF2 subs. Crossover I raised up from 80 to 90hz with the 3020 and kept the 100hz crossover with the 3090. This sounds great! Dual subs really help when crossing over above 80hz.

(Bedroom is now Canton Vento 820.2 with the L12 and this is a winner any day of the week over the QA but it is 3 times the price and normally 6 times the price if they were MSRP)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So I put my 3020 and 3090 into my living room and added dual HSU VTF2 subs. Crossover I raised up from 80 to 90hz with the 3020 and kept the 100hz crossover with the 3090. This sounds great! Dual subs really help when crossing over above 80hz.

(Bedroom is now Canton Vento 820.2 with the L12 and this is a winner any day of the week over the QA but it is 3 times the price and normally 6 times the price if they were MSRP)
@snakeeyes very happy that you like your new Canton speakers. Congrats on the purchase!:) Have read good things on the Cantons.......Feel free to post some pics as we all like those.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well I’m basically redoing the rooms one by one so it’s a construction zone mess. :). The speakers are the nicest thing in my house besides my GF and my Golden Retriever. :) LOL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis