B

BobStrauss

Enthusiast
Going to wall mount using brackets. Considering going with Q Acoustics 3020s or 3010is. Paired with my Rythmim LV12R sub, would either of these be a bad option?

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Q Acoustics have been reviewed very well. I've researched the whole line myself, their 3050i's are on my short list. They have a very nice tweeter those are not your bottom dwelling speakers. Maybe PENG or M Code will chime in there knowledge is above my paygrade. But from what I have found in my research on the Q's the people who have them like them a lot.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Rear ported and mounted can be an issue. I'd reccomend contacting them and see if they advise. Worst case it could really accentuate some bass notes.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
For surrounds or rears, I wouldn't mind, but if these might be for your fronts, I'd say go with stands... I know a rear port 6" from a wall can get boomy... where mine are at right now, if I go 6"closer to the corner, I get a horrible mess (and that's with them being 18" from the wall!)!

Long story short, from a guy that's drilled into the wall: Be certain, then be careful! And if you do... Buy better brackets than you think you need!!! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis