Pursuing the truth about Audioholics

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Should Brand X decide not to give a review sample, could this be there reason??? No Bias? No condescension? Remind me, what truth is being pursued here again? The truth of cables and interconnects...yea sure, but big deal. Any thinking man can discover that w/o much help...but the truth of the relative quality and features from an array of comparitive brands of Receivers and DVD players....

Denon AVR-3805 Receiver First Look
Denon AVR-3805 Receiver Review
Denon AVR-5803 Flagship Home Theater Receiver
Denon AVR-5805 - First Look NEW
Denon DVD-2900 DVD Player
Denon DVD-2910 DVD Player Review NEW
Denon DVD-3910 DVD Player Review NEW
(Denon DVD-3910 Mod Supplemental) NEW
Denon DVD-5900 DVD Player - Review
Denon DVD-5900 DVD Player - First Look
Denon DVD-5910 vs DVD-5900 Features NEW

Yamaha DVD-C750 DVD/SACD Changer
Yamaha DVD-S2300MK2 Universal Player
Yamaha MusicCAST Music Server & Client
Yamaha RX-Z9 First Look
Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver Review
Yamaha RX-V2400 Receiver
Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver NEW
(RX-V2500 Bench Tests Supplemental) NEW
Yamaha RX-V4600 Receiver with HDMI NEW
Yamaha RX-V1 Spotlight
Yamaha RX-Z1 Flagship Home Theater Receiver
Yamaha Vintage T-80 Tuner NEW
Yamaha LPX-510 3-chip LCD Projector
Yamaha YSP-1 Digital Sound Projector NEW

...well sure if they are Yamaha or Denon. Can I make it any more clear??!!!

REVIEW SOME OTHER BRANDS !!!

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Hopjohn,

It does appear that the 'scale' seems to favor Denon and Yamaha but in all fairness I don't think Audioholics is doing this on purpose. I don't to pretend how to operate an online magazine but I'm guessing that Audioholics has to rely on vendors/sponsors to provide them with units with little or no costs in order to provide reviews to their members (who don't pay subscriptions fees)

Fortunately, we have been able to receive such reviews because obviously such companies like Denon and Yamaha value the added exposure offered through the internet. Audioholics is competing with many other online A/V HT review sites and I am can bet competition is fierce!

I for one agree with you, I would like to see more a broader range of products, especially in the A/V receiver/Processor and CD/DVD player arenas!

As an example, I would love see to Paradigm speakers reviewed by Audioholics (my favorite A/V source!)

But after inquiring about this possibly, it appears that Paradigm doesn't seem to show much interest in pursuing this type of evaluation based on comments by the staff at Audioholics and by my own conclusions that were confirmed by the non-replies that I have sent to Paradigm wishing for this type of review.

I think if enough people started to send emails directly to vendors mentionning how a site like Audioholics helps them decide on product purchases than I think someone in the Marketing depts. will eventually start to take notice.

This internet thing is just started to take off! ;) Unfortunately the word for today is Patience.

Take care and have a Great Day!

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
HookedOnSound said:
guessing that Audioholics has to rely on vendors/sponsors to provide them with units with little or no costs in order to provide reviews to their members .

Right on!

There are just so many units available to be reviewed. Each manufacturer has their own priorities.

Obviously Denon and Yamaha (two pretty big companies) have the $ to hand out demo units, and feel they receive a fair and honest evaluation of their products by Audioholics.

Fair and honest does not mean a blathering idiot raving about the color of the
DVD chassis or some other meaningless topic of review.

Of course some manfacturers only want that syrup sweet review that finds absolutely nothing wrong with their 3" subwoofer and matching 2" paper cone tweeter. Most likely those manufacturers won't be submitting equipment for review any time soon to Audioholics.

And then there are manufacturers who are limited in marketing budget and have few units available for review who decide that Audioholics doesn't have the readership that is critical to their (equipment manufacturers) business. It is up to us, the loyal forum members of Audioholics, to quietly urge those manufacturers to reconsider Audioholics for reviews of their products.

Most of what was said here is accurate in the sense that we do what we can with whom we can. As you'll see this year we're introducing many new manufacturers (Optoma, Zenith, LG, Marantz, Pioneer, Emotiva, etc) so we're doing our best.

Some companies send us alot of gear. Others, like Paradigm won't send us a thing claiming that they only have so many review samples and everyone can't get one. Regardless we're trying to diversify as much as possible.

With that said, realize that we are now showing over 850,000 readers a month so there is no excuse in terms of us not reaching enough people. At this point, anyone not sending us products for review would seem to be unwilling for us to do our typical intensive job. I say this because the amount of people we reach in a month with our reviews equals more than the top two print publications put together. That's a lot of free advertising to pass up.

PS. While there are certainly other companies, here is Paradigm's contact info if you would like to contact them to request that they send us products:

Mark Aling
mark@paradigm.com

or follow this press release for more contact info
Paradigm/Anthem Press Release

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
REVIEW SOME OTHER BRANDS !!!
Harman Kardon AVR 130
Integra DTC-9.4 A/V Processor
Integra DTA-9.4 Class-D Amplifier
Integra Research RDC-7 AV Processor

E.Sound CD-E3 CD Player
Philips SACD 1000 DVD and SACD Player
RCA DRC232N DVD Player w/ ClearPlay
Rotel RCD-1072
Sony SCD-CE 775 SACD Changer Audience Mod
Sony DVP-NS999ES DVD and SACD Player

RE Designs Audio SCPA 1
Rotel RA-1062
Sherbourn PT-7000
Sony TA-E9000ES vs. STR-DA4ES Part 1
Sony TA-E9000ES vs. STR-DA4ES Part 2
Sunfire Theater Grand III - Not so grand!
Sunfire Theater Grand III - FLASH Update Software

Parasound Halo A 51 & A 21 Amplifiers
Aragon 8008x5 Amplifier
Integra DTA-9.4 Class-D Amplifier
Integra Research RDA-7.1 Amplifier
Rotel RMB-1095 Five Channel Amplifier
Sherbourn 7/1250A 7-Channel Amplifier
Sherbourn 7/2100 Seven Channel Amplifer
Sherbourn 5/1500A Five Channel Amplifier
Brookstone Wafer-Thin CD/MP3 System

WE DO :)

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Clint DeBoer said:
PS. While there are certainly other companies, here is Paradigm's contact info if you would like to contact them to request that they send us products:

Mark Aling
mark@paradigm.com
If you guys have email address to other vendors please post them. Perhaps if they get 850,000 emails this month they will get the point. I am sure Paradigm would change their tune if their inbox had that kind of volume of emails coming in.

You guys do a lot of the work around here doing the reviews. Let us help gather up some other brands for review.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Any chance you would have NAD contact address?

That is another vendor I would like to see their products reviewed, especially the T763 receiver.

Thanks

We met with NAD at EHX. They should come on board soon as well though until you get the first product you just don't know...

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I"m hoping you review some Pioneer. They just released their new model lower end stuff, the 915, 815, and 515.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
We met with NAD at EHX. They should come on board soon as well though until you get the first product you just don't know...
If only we could get a NAD/Paradigm review? Oh boy!....that'd be sweet!

Dumar

Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
With that said, realize that we are now showing over 850,000 readers a month so there is no excuse in terms of us not reaching enough people. At this point, anyone not sending us products for review would seem to be unwilling for us to do our typical intensive job. I say this because the amount of people we reach in a month with our reviews equals more than the top two print publications put together. That's a lot of free advertising to pass up.
No kidding that's a lot of free advertising.

Do you guys use an outside source for marketing, or do you do it yourself? Surely manufacturers are being made aware of these awesome numbers. It's hard to imagine they would forgo such an opportunity. After all, to them it's just another piece of gear, they have lots more in the wharehouse.

If we need to dig in and help, just pass on those addresses ... I'm in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis