Purge 4: The First Purge!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have enjoyed the Purge movies of the past, but this one to me does NOT look as good. Hopefully, I am wrong and it turns out to be better than it looks. Plan to at least give it a chance. Here is the trailer:

Are any of you guys planning to go see this one? If so, please let us all know what you think. Chances are real good that I will see this iteration over the 4th of July holiday weekend. Of course, it will be a matinee b/c I am such an el cheapo and that is how I roll. The good thing is, however, now that I have moved the theater is not more than a mile from my new place! Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I do like this series and the whole horror genre but I seldom go to the theater except for a few. I’ll probably buy them as a set on regular Blu-ray at some point or individually. I have rented the prior ones at the red box on Blu-ray multiple times... But now you have given me a push... I may need to see this one at the theater. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I do like this series and the whole horror genre but I seldom go to the theater except for a few. I’ll probably buy them as a set on regular Blu-ray at some point or individually. I have rented the prior ones at the red box on Blu-ray multiple times... But now you have given me a push... I may need to see this one at the theater. :)
Honestly, I do not think this one looks as good as the others. I could very well be wrong. Actually, I hope that I am. Have not been to my local theater is a good while myself. However, I do plan to change that just as soon as I can get around to it. Plan to go this Saturday and catch the new Jurassic movie. My Grandsons may be coming in from TN so it will give us all something to do. :)

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Honestly, I do not think this one looks as good as the others. I could very well be wrong. Actually, I hope that I am. Have not been to my local theater is a good while myself. However, I do plan to change that just as soon as I can get around to it. Plan to go this Saturday and catch the new Jurassic movie. My Grandsons may be coming in from TN so it will give us all something to do. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Ya I like going during the weekdays at night. (Ya it costs more). My weekends are pretty full so a movie at the theater is probably my plan to beat the heat (Well, what is considered heat in Seattle at least). :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Trying to decide if I should pony up the extra $4 and go see this tomorrow night? After all, it would be only $6 on Wednesday at noon. Oh well it is a tough decision......LOL!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Obviously, this one does NOT look to be very popular here. Just got home from seeing it. All I can say is that it was easily worth my $6. Much better than I thought it was going to be. Still not quite as good as the 2nd, but much better than the last one. Very riveting from beginning to end. Glad that I went and seen it!:)

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't know it was out today otherwise I would have seen it. Ant Man is tomorrow, so will have to figure out when to go

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't know it was out today otherwise I would have seen it. Ant Man is tomorrow, so will have to figure out when to go
Here locally they were actually showing at 7 PM and 10 PM on the 3rd! But, those tickets were $10. As such, I waited to see the 11:50 AM matinee on the 4th which was only $6. I must say that it was much better than I ever thought it was going to be. Sure don't feel like I got ripped off.

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Here locally they were actually showing at 7 PM and 10 PM on the 3rd! But, those tickets were $10. As such, I waited to see the 11:50 AM matinee on the 4th which was only $6. I must say that it was much better than I ever thought it was going to be. Sure don't feel like I got ripped off.

Cheers,

Phil
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one, I thought it was really terrible, I liked the others, but they got off track with this one IMO. If you stayed for the after credits, looks like we are getting a 10 episode Purge TV Series.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one, I thought it was really terrible, I liked the others, but they got off track with this one IMO. If you stayed for the after credits, looks like we are getting a 10 episode Purge TV Series.
It is okay. This is not the 1st time that someone disagreed w/me. I am sure it won't be the last time either. But, this one was better than the last and not quite as good as the 2nd. For some reason or another, I really liked the 2nd. At least I did not fall asleep in it like I did Fallen Kingdom. BTW, did not stay for the credits b/c my water pill was doing its job......LOL!!!:D

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It is okay. This is not the 1st time that someone disagreed w/me. I am sure it won't be the last time either. But, this one was better than the last and not quite as good as the 2nd. For some reason or another, I really liked the 2nd. At least I did not fall asleep in it like I did Fallen Kingdom. BTW, did not stay for the credits b/c my water pill was doing its job......LOL!!!:D

Cheers,

Phil
I really liked the 3rd, and 1st, was not a fan of the 2nd. I hope they do a good job with the TV Series.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I really liked the 3rd, and 1st, was not a fan of the 2nd. I hope they do a good job with the TV Series.
I see we disagree again.....LOL!!!! I thought the 1st was decent but not great. Found the 2nd to be much better while the 3rd not so much. The current Purge was also decent inmho. Certainly better than the last (3rd). As one can see, movie preference is as subjective as anything else. We are in agreement, however, in that I also hope the TV series is good as well. Guess we will know soon enough.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Purge the series airs September 4th, 2018 on the USA Network. It looks to have 10-episodes. As Cos has already mentioned, I too hope it is good. Guess we will all know soon enough.:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, tomorrow night is the premiere episode of the new TV show The Purge on the USA network at 9 PM central time/10 PM eastern time. Looking forward to it as it is suppose to have 10-episodes. To me, however, the previews look rather mixed. That is, one the one hand at times it looks good whereas others not so much. Guess we will know soon enough as we are less than 24-hours until showtime!;)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
We are only about an hour and a half away from the pilot episode of the tv series The Purge. Hope all 10-episodes are as good as the movies have been. Looking forward to the first showing myself!:cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! Very impressed. Off to a great start. Can't wait for the next episode. Hope it keeps the momentum.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Looking forward to the 2nd episode. The first was much better than I thought it would be. So far so good inmho. There is supposed to be 10-episodes total. Anyone here watching The Purge on the USA Network? If so, feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! No love for the Purge TV show. Well, all I can say is so far it has been very good. Honestly, I thought it was going to be rather cheezy. But, I actually like what they are doing with it thus far. Could do w/o the love-making scenes though. That is my only caveat.;)

Cheers,

Phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Wow! No love for the Purge TV show. Well, all I can say is so far it has been very good. Honestly, I thought it was going to be rather cheezy. But, I actually like what they are doing with it thus far. Could do w/o the love-making scenes though. That is my only caveat.;)

Cheers,

Phil
Agreed lets watch and let this series play out.
Dave

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed lets watch and let this series play out.
Dave
Thanks Dave. I plan to watch all 10-episodes. BTW, I have also been watching The Sinner. It has been very good as well. Has a "Stranger Things" feel to it inmho. But, it is also a bit on the odd side.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis