R

Redbone

Audioholic
PSB is the sister company of NAD Electronics. I have never heard any of their speakers but am considering the 5i subwoofer? Does anybody have any feedback on PSB products?

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Standard audiophile advice concerning speakers is do not buy anything you haven't heard. :cool:

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
While I really appreciate Joe's constructive advice, I am also looking at PSB subs...the SubSonic 6i. S&V recently gave it a favorable review, but none of my local dealers carry PSB. I'd have to drive about 1 1/2 hours to hear one, so I'm also fishing for other people's experiences with the PSB subs. They seem like a good bang-for-the-buck product on paper.

Jason

U

Unregistered

Here is a review of the Subsonic 5i:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0604/psbsubsonic5i.htm

I have the PSB Subsonic 6i. I got it at a really good price <$500 new. I am not sophisticated enough to give a review other than to say that it keeps up with the speakers musically and blends in great. I hardly notice it. I had to replace a Phase Technology Power 8 that was totally overmatched. However, I really did not compare it with much and was considering an SVS sub but the size (height) turned me off some and this price was better. I did hear a paradigm sub but don't remember the model and didn't really compare. My dealer recommended this and he had been giving me such good advice on other things that I trusted him and feel he was right.

annunaki

annunaki

I have heard a few of the PSB woofers and have to say they are headed in the right direction. Musical subs for the money, with healthy, dynamic output down low. If you can audition one it would be well worth it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis