psb straus silver or axiom

E

eggwardo

Audiophyte
looking for advice. should i buy the axiom system at $2500 or the psb system at $3000(2towers, 2 surrounds, center, and powered sub)or does anyone recommend another brand under $3000

Z

Zarg

Junior Audioholic
PSBs & Axioms

So, you've limited your choices to Canadian speakers, eh?

I don't hear much about PSBs on this forum. I listened to a set at the local store (Pacific Sales) and I thought the speakers were very nice, but the sub didn't sound so tight to me. (It was probably the set-up, not the speaker.)

I ended up buying a set of Axioms and I'm happy with them. A lot of folks have nice things to say about them here.

I don't think you have a bad choice -- try to listen to a set of each and see which ones you like better. Although Axiom is an internet-only seller, on their website you can find a listing of people who have Axioms and are willing to open their doors to let you listen to their set-up. If I were you, that's what I'd do....

Zarg

B

bray

Audioholic Intern
where are you eggwardo?

I'm a very happy Axiom owner also, however only YOUR ears can decide.
Where are you located? I'm in the Dallas area if youd like to give M60s, QS8s, and a VP100 with a HSU VTF3 MKII a listen. If your not in my area look on the Axiom forum under Questions and Comments in the Auditioning Axioms in your area thread. There will probably be someone there that would let you hear theirs.
Good Luck
Bray

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis