PSB M4U 2 Active Noise Canceling Headphones Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
PSB Loudspeakers unveiled their very first set of headphones called the M4U 2 (MSRP $400; available Fall 2011). The M4U 2 features internal amplification and active noise-canceling which can be defeated with a flip of the switch. The PSB M4U 2 headphones are said to run easily on battery power yet the user has the option to run them passive without the use of batteries. I took these babies for a test ride at CEDIA and found not only did they sound fantastic but they were very comfortable to wear. In fact, to date, I never heard a pair of noise-cancelling headphones I could live with until I heard the PSB's. Can you tell we are eager to review these?

Discuss "PSB M4U 2 Active Noise Canceling Headphones Preview" here. Read the article.

A

Arcane19

Audioholic Intern
For $50 less, is it safe to say that these produce better sound than Dr. Dre Beats Pro?

The thing is that everyone, their mothers and even their dogs have these damn Dre Pros. I want to get a pair of headphones but refuse to get Beats. It is more of a fashion statement here in Miami than people acutally wanting nice headphones.

Also, I want to get a pair around the same price, about $350, that have better sound quality than the beats. So when a non-connoisseur asks why I own them, I can let him listen to my cans for himself and see why I decided to not go with a fashion statement.

My first thought was to go with some type of Sennheiser's, but then I saw this thread.

Thanks.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Interesting. I just got rid of my Able Planets, which did work great by the way, and wanted to step up to a newer and better set. Was looking at Bose, and Sennheisers.

d_spaniard

d_spaniard

Enthusiast
Love the Sennheisers, not keen on the Bose. Sony has a nice new set out... Just realised how old this post is lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis