PSB GT1 or B-stock Image T6?

Matt34

Matt34

I am pretty set on getting the T6 towers based on the multiple reviews and measurements available but the GT1 have caught my attention with them being available at half off the MSRP.

Anyone have experience with the GT1? Is the GC1 Center still available for purchase?

I'll be purchasing either one of these from Saturday Audio.

If anyone's interested I'll be pairing these up with a dual Epik Legends(or Empires) and powering them with a Emotiva UPA-2.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I am pretty set on getting the T6 towers based on the multiple reviews and measurements available but the GT1 have caught my attention with them being available at half off the MSRP.

Anyone have experience with the GT1? Is the GC1 Center still available for purchase?

I'll be purchasing either one of these from Saturday Audio.

If anyone's interested I'll be pairing these up with a dual Epik Legends(or Empires) and powering them with a Emotiva UPA-2.
The GT1 reviews from Home Theater Mag
http://www.hometheater.com/content/psb-g-design-speaker-system-and-adcom-gfr-700hd-av-receiver-ht-labs-measures-psb

The Image T6s from Home Theater Mag
http://www.hometheater.com/content/psb-image-t6-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures

The T6s appear to have a really flat response, better than the GT1. However, I would still audition both if you can to see which you like better.

Matt34

Matt34

The GT1 reviews from Home Theater Mag
http://www.hometheater.com/content/psb-g-design-speaker-system-and-adcom-gfr-700hd-av-receiver-ht-labs-measures-psb

The Image T6s from Home Theater Mag
http://www.hometheater.com/content/psb-image-t6-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures

The T6s appear to have a really flat response, better than the GT1. However, I would still audition both if you can to see which you like better.
That's not going to happen unfortunately. Closest place that carries PSB is 3 1/2 hours away and last time I called them they didn't stock any towers in the Image line.

O

ougrad02

Audioholic
I had considered getting the GT1's before I got my Studio 60's. The thing that made me go in a different direction was the fact that I couldn't find the matching center anywhere, used or new. I don't know maybe you will have more luck. I'd imagine it might pop up from time to time on audiogon on something but not really sure. I've auditioned the GT1's and the T6's and they are both great speakers. I think you would be happy with either one. I would go with the T6's though since you'll have a much easier time getting the matching center. Just my .02 cents.

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
That's not going to happen unfortunately. Closest place that carries PSB is 3 1/2 hours away and last time I called them they didn't stock any towers in the Image line.
Hi MAtt...This is my first time with these kind of systems. I have been looking at the same model, auditioned it twice...a couple of days back. I really liked these, the bass especially. I had made up my mind to buy a sub either way for any speaker, now having listened to these speakers...having second thoughts. (Have to try them with a good sub...the sub the shop guy had, we tried & i didnt like how it sounded..the bass was dragging)

Was wondering, wat made you decide on these without listening. Listen to speakers is the first advice i heard here :)
I also noticed ur rep, so wud love to hear why.

Matt34

Matt34

Hi MAtt...This is my first time with these kind of systems. I have been looking at the same model, auditioned it twice...a couple of days back. I really liked these, the bass especially. I had made up my mind to buy a sub either way for any speaker, now having listened to these speakers...having second thoughts. (Have to try them with a good sub...the sub the shop guy had, we tried & i didnt like how it sounded..the bass was dragging)

Was wondering, wat made you decide on these without listening. Listen to speakers is the first advice i heard here :)
I also noticed ur rep, so wud love to hear why.
Auditioning is the way to go, always. I just can't because of my location and the lack of boutique audio stores. My decision to go with the PSB was based on a number of things:

-price/performance ratio

-the fact that they test their product using the NRC facility in Canada (published measurements are available)

-attractive looking speaker

-many members here have heard them and almost all feedback has been positive

-Warranty/service. PSB has been around awhile and is well established unlike some smaller I.D companies. I don't think I have to worry about them disappearing anytime soon if I run into any issues with the speakers.

If I end up not liking them I can resell here for a bit of a loss, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Let us know what you think once you end up getting them. :)

P

practal

Audiophyte
I have had the GT-1's with an Emotiva XPA-2 powering them since November. They are great sounding speakers and look great. I would recommend them but the matching center channel is frustrating. I was in the same boat deciding between the GT-1 or Image T6. I ended up going with the GT-1's since the GC-1 seemed readily available at this time.

When I started, multiple sites had it listed as new, B-stock, ect. Every site I ordered from cancelled my orders due to being OOS and removed them from the sites. One site has had it listed for $650 for months but the order gets cancelled due to OOS after my order is placed.

I have checked Ebay and Audiogon daily since November and not a single unit has popped up. You cannot find it anywhere. I have used an Image center channel and I am currently using a stratus c6i. They do not sound well together at all. I having been using the c6i with a Emotiva UPA-1 driving it and it is nowhere near the quality of the GT-1s.

I would recommend the GT-1s for 2 channel audio as they sound great, however I would be hesitant if using multi-channel. I have a friend with T6s and they sound good but not as good as the GT-1s. However, he is only using a $200 Onkyo AVR to power them and this will certainly contribute to that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The GT-1's listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +0.90/–3.64 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz. The –3-dB point is at 50 Hz, and the –6-dB point is at 38 Hz.

The Image T6’s listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +1.88/–1.74 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz. The –3-dB point is at 48 Hz, and the –6-dB point is at 41 Hz.

I would get the T6 all the way. No doubt about it.:D

It's kind of interesting how the T6 has lower bass @ -3dB, but then the GT1 has lower bass @ -6dB.

Matt34

Matt34

Just had a deal come up, ugh, think I'm going to jump on it.

NHT Classic Fours for $800 shipped.:eek: Some cosmetic damage and a wrinkled 2" midrange driver.

This being the worst of the damage:

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

I'm probably going to pick these up, just waiting on NHT to get back with me on the cost of a replacement for the 2" speaker.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis