psb 6t vs dali suite 2.8

S

sandeep

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hi,
&nbsp; I am looking for some help on deciding between PSB Image 6T vs Dali Suite 2.8 .
PSBs cost $2200(HT package with out sub) &nbsp;and Dali's cost $2700(HT package with out sub). Dali's sound little better while playing jazz or accoustic guitar and so on. But PSBs sound good when it comes to base....result is that it sounds great with any music that has more base and drums. I am not able to decide between them, &nbsp;but my walet did( I am trying to fit everything in $3K)....so I just paid for PSBs and will get them delivered in 2 weeks. Now I am thinking if I should have streched a little more on my budget and got those Dalis.

Any one here has any strong opinions on PSB 6Ts....pros or cons.? (I can stick with PSBs if everyone thinks its worth the money. I just want to know if I am betting on the right stuff)

Any one heard (,or heard of,) Dali's ?

Also I just bought a Integra DTR 5.4 receiver to go with the PSBs. I got it for $610 after tax. Could I have got a better receiver for the same price ?

Please help....
Sandeep</font>

annunaki

annunaki

<font color='#000000'>I have been pretty impressed with the PSB image lineup. The 6t's are very good speakers. They have excellent lowend as you stated, yet are quite detailed and lifelike on the top end. Not quite as detailed as say a B&amp;W, but they are about 90% there. However, they are $600 cheaper than a comparable B&amp;W. One thing I have noticed about the PSB image series is how well the speakers in the system integrate together. Timbre hardly changes from speaker to speaker. Their subwoofers are also quite nice for the $. Give them a look. I do not have any experience with the Dali's to give an opinion, sorry.</font>

U

Unregistered

I just heard the Dali Euphonic MS5's A/B contrasted against B&W 802's. I must say the the Dali is a hidden treasure. I first heard of this line through a Midwest dealer (Sound Video). I currently own Kef reference 205's along with the 204c (center). I am considering trading in my kef's for the MS5's. The only issue is the price tag. Plan to spend a small fortune to get a hold of this hot speaker. The MS5 put the B&W 802 to shame.... I was pleasantly surprised.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My 2 cents

I'm a huge PSB fan; espcially there image series loudspeaker. I don't think you can find a better Canadian speaker in that price range. But to let you know, Home Theater (this monthes' issue ) did a review of the Dali Suite2.8 and they reecieved very favourable reviews. Good luck and let us know what you've decided on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis