PS4 and stereo receiver turn on when I turn on my tv

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Hi,

I have a Samsung UHD tv series 8, a Pioneer receiver and a PS4. The receiver is connected to the HDMI Arc port on the tv. When I turn on my tv in the tv the PS4 and the receiver also turn on, each time my wife is screaming about that in the morning and I want to find a solution to this problem... I don't want to have all those advices on when I turn on my tv. I'm sorry it's all new for me all the setup with a UHD smart tv and a little confusing. Thanks for your help.

Serge

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,

I have a Samsung UHD tv series 8, a Pioneer receiver and a PS4. The receiver is connected to the HDMI Arc port on the tv. When I turn on my tv in the tv the PS4 and the receiver also turn on, each time my wife is screaming about that in the morning and I want to find a solution to this problem... I don't want to have all those advices on when I turn on my tv. I'm sorry it's all new for me all the setup with a UHD smart tv and a little confusing. Thanks for your help.

Serge
Turn of CEC and or HDMI control in all gear.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You have the HDMI control protocol activated. I think Samsung calls is "CEC", so you need to look for that and disable it, likely on the TV.

I'm not too familiar with the newer ARC and CEC, I think that you can defeat them independently. If not, then you need to redo you connections to avoid ARC.

Other brands may have their own name for the same HDMI control scheme, if you need to kill it on PS4 and AVR, it may not be called CEC.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Thanks a lot for your replies. I found Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) in external device manager and I turned it off and now I don't have anymore problems. Thanks a lot to both of you!

Serge

C

CharliePugh

Audiophyte
Thanks a lot for the info, Serge. I have another problem with my PS4, but I guess I won't find the answer here.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks a lot for your replies. I found Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) in external device manager and I turned it off and now I don't have anymore problems. Thanks a lot to both of you!

Serge
I had the opposite problem my smart tv Turning back on after I shut off my avr . Technology is confusing!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis