Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Hey,

Does anyone on here have a ps3 connected to their hdtv through a receiver?
I have a Sony Str-dg800 with my ps3 hooked up to the hdmi dvd input and my 32" Sony Bravia kdl32S3000 connected to the monitor out from the reciever. but i only get sound (and video) output on the tv's wimpy little speakers. I tried the settings for changing the assignable video input, but had no luck... If i set the ps3 to output sound through the optical line, it works ok, but i want to know if its possible to just use the HDMI for video(to the tv) and output audio through the stereo HT speakers. any help would be appreciated

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
So what is that feature on your reciever called? Also am i losing any audio quality by using optical instead of HDMI?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Your receiver just allows the hdmi through it without doing anything at all, basically like having the hdmi run straight to the TV, other receivers like mine support hdmi audio and send the audio signal to the speakers and video to the screen. The only time you will loose audio quality by using an optical cable is most likely on Blu-ray movies with TrueHD and possibly with SACD which I think has to be sent via HDMI as well.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Ok yeah thats what i thought. Too bad the employees at Best Buy have no idea what i meant when i asked for a HDMI Receiver. What games do you have for PS3?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Currently I have resistance fall of man, flow, calling call cars and ninja gaiden sigma as well as GTA IV preordered.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I traded in Resistance for Motorstorm since I rented and liked it better. I have VF5 and Icon, and I'll have Sigma next week. I downloaded Tekken Dark Ressurection too - still fun. I have flOw, Lemmings and Go Sudoku. I think flOw is only $5 now.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My daughter works at Best Buy, so I get stuff on release day at the employee price, so about $50 also, depending on the game.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
My daughter works at Best Buy, so I get stuff on release day at the employee price, so about $50 also, depending on the game.

I guess Ill have to hate you, unless of course you mail me some games ;).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis