PS3 home theatre setup

M

MorisUkunRasik

Audiophyte
I'm on a bit of a budget, I have PS3 and will be getting 32" Toshiba Regza come this august. ALong with the tv I will be shopping for a receiver and/or a home theatre in a box. I'm not huge on audio but it is a plus I was wondering if you guys could help me out picking out a receiver and with setting it up.

I want to run hdmi from the ps3 to the tv
run either optical or hdmi to the receiver from the PS3
run hdmi or optical from the tv to the receiver
run components from the wii to the tv/receiver
run s-video from dreamcast to receiver
run composite from dreamcast to tv

Thanks in advance

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say get a receiver that will transcode to HDMI and hook everything up through the receiver. Then all you need from the receiver to the TV is one HDMI cable.

What is the budget? Since this is receiver specific, you might ask to have this one moved to the receivers area.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
I'm on a bit of a budget, I have PS3 and will be getting 32" Toshiba Regza come this august. ALong with the tv I will be shopping for a receiver and/or a home theatre in a box. I'm not huge on audio but it is a plus I was wondering if you guys could help me out picking out a receiver and with setting it up.

I want to run hdmi from the ps3 to the tv
run either optical or hdmi to the receiver from the PS3
run hdmi or optical from the tv to the receiver
run components from the wii to the tv/receiver
run s-video from dreamcast to receiver
run composite from dreamcast to tv

Thanks in advance
Here's how my PS3 is setup
HDMI (video only) from PS3 directly to the Sony Bravia
Optical Out from PS3 directly to the Receiver
Depending on your budget, you may want your reciever to pass one component and one HDMI cable(to the TV) and use video switching and connect all your consoles video through the receiver to the TV..but I'm not sure if there are HTIB packages capable of this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis