4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Started watching Borderlands. It IS that bad, like I can't even describe it. It feels like a bad TV show. It is campy, funny, but it does not rise above that. Stopped about half way, not sure if I will finish it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Started watching Borderlands. It IS that bad, like I can't even describe it. It feels like a bad TV show. It is campy, funny, but it does not rise above that. Stopped about half way, not sure if I will finish it.
Same here. Can’t even finish.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Poltergeist & Poltergeist 2-4k Disc

SQ- Sound in both are good. Poltergeist comes with a lossless 5.1 while Poltergeist 2 comes with an Atmos track. None of them will blow your socks off by any means. But they're a clear upgrade from the last time I saw them on VHS. :D

PQ- Picture quality was really good. Poltergeist was made in 1982 and Poltergeist 2 came out in 1986. For being 80's horror movies, they did a nice job cleaning these up. I would say Poltergeist looked a smidge better than Poltergeist 2. While watching Poltergeist, some scenes were so crisp, it was like it was made within the last few years. It's sometimes crazy to watch these older movies and have them look so damn good! Credit to the studios for doing a great 4k restoration job.

Overall- these would be great additions to have for any 4k collectors out there. Poltergeist was a fun movie back in the day and it still holds up today. It was nice seeing everyone from the original, return for Poltergeist 2. Poltergeist 2 had a little big bigger budget, but overall story was not as strong as the first one. It was still fun to watch. :D:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis