PS3 - Heavenly Sword demo available

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The visuals are impressive and the combat system is pretty interesting. You have a base set of moves and combos and modifiers that change the types of attacks. The one odd thing, I didn't see a "block" function, so you are either dodging or on offense. You can pick up and use things quite easily as well. The moves are impressive looking and very fluid a la Prince of Persia, and there are special attacks that give you a somewhat slow-mo close-up of the crazy move. So far, looks like a winner.

Here's the bad news...it takes a LOT longer to download than it does to complete, so be aware of that.

The full trailer for Resident Evil 5 is up also.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
The demo is pretty fun, but after a play through can be beaten easily in under 3 minutes. Its worth a download since its free. The game does look very promising probably another game to get for me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It took about 20min to DL and about 60 seconds to beat. That means there are a LOT of graphics going on there for everything to work. PSM said they expect this to be one of the best of the year, and being an exclusive for the PS3, will probably give some of those fence sitters a good enough reason to buy a PS3.

Two other games I read about this week that look very cool...Condemned 2 (will be on PS3 and 360, by Monolith who did FEAR) and Clive Barker's Jericho :eek:

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I gave up on trying to download it last night. I had it running for about an hour and it only got through 10 percent because of the server load from everyone trying to get it after its release. I got it this morning much faster.

Condemned looks pretty cool haven't looked much into Jericho though, although I will now that you mention it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't seen much on the game play for Jericho, but the screen shots look pretty amazing. The last game I saw from Clive, Undying (PC) is very cool, so I expect this one to be very interesting. It says it is slated for an October release.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis