PS3 for CD playback?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I would rather that Sony would add FLAC (w/ripping) support for the PS3 so I wouldn't have to ever put a CD in it after I ripped it. I would love the ability to essentially use the PS3 as an actual substitute for a music bank.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I would rather that Sony would add FLAC (w/ripping) support for the PS3 so I wouldn't have to ever put a CD in it after I ripped it. I would love the ability to essentially use the PS3 as an actual substitute for a music bank.
hehe. Do the hard drive mod put a terrabyte drive in and you can have all the music you want.

F

fifou_med

Audiophyte
PS3 HDD playback very poor compared to CDs

Hi !
I made a very strange discovery yesterday.
I use the PS3 as a CD player, with ONKYO Pro PR-SC886 preAmp on a 5.1 Genelec System (8050A 8030A 7060B).
A friend of mine who has very good equipment listened to my sound and found it VERY soft. We were listening to WAV files on a PS3 USB2 Connected HDD. We listened to the original CD and the dynamic, compared to the PS3-HDD playback, was INCREDIBLE !!! The burning of the WAVs on a CD-R and the listening had the same result, it sounded GREAT...
I tryed a lot on options on the PS3, but the HDD playback was everytime VERY soft...
And the HDD playback on the XBOX via the media player was as good as the direct CD playback !
So, why is the PS3 HDD playback so soft ??!! I don't want to use it anymore !
I could use the XBOX but it can't read the WAV files !! (very Odd !!!!)
Any idea ?
Thx !
Fifou

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis