j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Already? Wow, they are just pumping this stuff out... I know what I am gonna do when I get home I guess. I haven't had any issues with the upscaling of the PS3 so aside from a few new options I noticed last time, I haven't seen anything big since 1.80. In terms of upscaling, the PS3 is a hair better than my Oppo 970, but I use the 970 because if it breaks, it is a lot cheaper and easier to replace (Oppo is a few min from my house).

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Still waiting for 720p to 1080i upscaling. Until then, the PS 3 is just a Blu-ray player to me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd trade you Icon for Genji, but Icon is 720p also.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think the new firmware has been released yet but it will probably be out tomorrow since thursday is the normal day for these things.

Also, 720p to 1080i upscalling on ps3 games will probably take alot more power than upscaling a ps2 game so you might have to wait a while.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is available now. I got an error the first time it tried to download, but looks like it is going through this time...will let you know.

Installed.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'd trade you Icon for Genji, but Icon is 720p also.
Oh yeah. I gotta go back and finish Genji. A buddy from work gave me GOW and GOW 2. I'm about done with 2. GOW is pretty cool. It'd be nice to see that one as a 1080i PS 3 game.

I have $35 credit for Best Buy. I'll probably pick up The Darkness or Ninja Gaiden.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Gaiden is next week. That is what I will be doing on the 4th :D I liked GOW better than 2 overall, but 2 has some nice improvements and great graphics for a PS2 game. GOW3 will be PS3 :) Darkness looks cool too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis